IT Support Assistant (Part-Time) - York College (Multiple Positions)
I.T. Support Assistants support routine operations and problem resolution of computing and/or communications functions at a College or Unit. They work in technical support, applications development, operations, help desk, and similar environments, as well as in the field where equipment may be located.
Work tasks include as:
- Operating, transporting, adjusting, and installing/configuring computing and related equipment
- Communicating with technology users and staff to understand, identify, document and resolve problems
- Performing simple repairs to computing and related equipment.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
IT Support Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
York College, located in Jamaica, Queens, is making this posting available for those persons interested in applying to York College for part-time positions in the I.T. department. This posting enables York to collect resumes from possible part-time employees. Applicants should upload their resumes but be informed that they will only be notified if and when a part-time position becomes available that a hiring manager is interested in interviewing them for.
The successful candidates for these possible part-time positions will be expected to work within the following parameters:
Under general supervision, perform work in one or more computer or communication specialties in a computer or communications environment whenever necessary, s/he will use peripheral equipment attached to or communicating with a computer. All personnel perform similar functions.
Additionally, the successful candidate may perform routine clerical tasks including data entry tasks in a computer environment; provide timely and effective delivery of service to users; adheres to uniform performance standards and efficient methods of work; and other related duties as assigned.
Evening and/or weekend hours may apply.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- Eighteen months of related full-time work experience or equivalent, such as completion of eighteen college credits in Information Technology
- Demonstrated English Language proficiency
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
New Hire: $19.68 / hr
Incumbent: $ 22.25 / hr
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu
- Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information.
- Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst
- Click Search job listings
- Click on More search options
- Search by Job Opening ID number 16423
- Click on the Apply Now button. You will be prompted to log in or to create an account.
Closing Date - July 5, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: York College
Job Title: IT Support Assistant (Part-Time) - York College (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 16423
Full/Part Time: Part-Time