Director of E-Learning Center
Borough of Manhattan Community College seeks an innovative and collaborative leader as Director of the E-Learning Center. The E-Learning Center is a unit of the Office of Academic Affairs and leads the college's efforts to foster, support, and promote excellence in teaching and learning in online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses, as well as improve student outcomes through teaching/learning technologies.
Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC), a nationally recognized leader in urban-serving education, is one of 24 institutions within The City University of New York (CUNY) system.
BMCC is the largest college in CUNY, enrolling more than 26,000 students in degree programs and 12,000 more students in continuing education programs. More than 160 countries from around the world are represented in its student body. BMCC students obtain associate degrees in more than 40 fields. For more information about BMCC, please visit the E-Learning Center web site www.bmcc.cuny.edu/elearning.
The Director of E-Learning is responsible for providing leadership in the implementation of teaching/learning technologies to support the College's priorities. As Director, the successful candidate will provide leadership to faculty and administrators about all aspects of online program development and course design, including the innovative use of technology in instruction, faculty development, and the growth of online programs. The Director will demonstrate a deep understanding of learning theories and online pedagogies and their relationship to program development.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Faculty in the Office of Academic Affairs, the Director will collaborate with faculty and administrators on planning for BMCC E-Learning courses and programs based on established best practices; oversee the work of the instructional design and Blackboard teams; and manage the development and assessment of online programs and courses in consultation with faculty, program directors, department chairs and deans.
The duties of the Director of E-Learning include:
- Serve as a resource for the department chairs, faculty and program directors to improve the quality of current online offerings according to best-established practices.
- Further develop and implement a strategic plan, in consultation with the Associate Dean, which centers on the expansion of online learning, student success, and faculty development.
- Collaborate with the chairs and faculty to improve curriculum, instruction and learning with instructional technology.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop online program and course formats to provide students with seamless and user-friendly online learning environments that facilitate student learning.
- Develop and manage the E-Learning budget.
- Work with faculty and administrators on assessment to ensure the quality of online learning.
- Supervise the instructional designers, student technical support and the Blackboard Support team.
- Stay up-to-date on new and emerging learning technologies.
- Ensure compliance with New York State certification requirements, Middle States Association of College and University Standards for online and distance learning programs and any legal requirements for programming.
- Collaborate with the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship to ensure a full program of faculty development opportunities for online learning.
- Work with the marketing and enrollment management teams to develop and implement internal and external marketing and strategic recruitment plans for online offerings.
- Meet periodically with University-wide committees charged with the development of online learning.
- Ensure the smooth operation of services for online students.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Technology, Campus Computer Center, and BMCC Library to ensure the coordination of resources.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree or Ph.D. from a regionally accredited College or University.
- Significant experience in both classroom and online teaching.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Experience in online learning program development.
- Expertise in curriculum development, instructional design, and online pedagogies.
- Proficiency in learning management systems and related technologies.
- Managerial and supervisory experience in a college setting.
- Experience in student recruitment for online programs.
- Experience in team-building, staff supervision, and budget management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse constituencies.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under executive oversight.
- Designs, implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan
- Administers all curricular, administrative, and financial aspects of the program
- Oversees program evaluation efforts and creates strategic plan to further develop program offerings
- Manages annual budget; develops proposals and other initiatives for expanded program support
- Cultivates and maintains strategic partnerships; serves as primary liaison to faculty and administrators to plan and execute programming activities
- May participate in faculty recruitment efforts
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
Open until filled, review of resumes begins May 8, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Director of E-Learning Center
Job ID: 16614
Full/Part Time: Full-Time