IT Senior Associate, Level 1 - Faculty & Staff Helpdesk Manager (ICIT)
I.T. Senior Associates perform highly complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Senior Associates perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include diagnosing, evaluating, overseeing and resolving highly complex projects. They have wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may serve in lead roles on complex programs or projects, and/or serve as a direct supervisor of a unit or group.
I.T. Senior Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines, decision-making ability in situations related to those disciplines, and be able to serve as a resource in these areas. They may contribute to decisions on I.T. policies and technical standards.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
IT Senior Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Helpdesk Manager is a member of a team-oriented staff and shares in the responsibility of providing the Hunter College community with technology support services. The Helpdesk Manager is responsible for developing a robust umbrella of support services that ensures that client questions and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner. The Helpdesk Manager serves as the main student, faculty and staff advocate ensuring that the technology needs are being met. The Helpdesk Manager is responsible for developing and managing the IT client support programs including the IT Helpdesk, the IT Library area, Student Helpdesk, and footprints (ticket tracking system). The Helpdesk Manager is also responsible for managing the IT student and staff employee (approximately 120 hours weekly). The Helpdesk Manager reports to the Director of User Services.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the IT central Helpdesk Services
- Manage the IT Student Helpdesk
- Monitor and manage the work orders
- Prepare and present weekly/monthly reports of Helpdesk activities and services
- Work with other staff to provide documentation and handouts on the programs and services IT provides to the community
- Train staff on usage of Ticketing system
- Create and manage dashboards for the Ticketing system
- Participate in group projects, including working with staff and faculty
- Develops work plans, goals and objectives that are focused on providing efficient coverage, service, and problem resolution to the entire Hunter College community
- Manage Blackboard Learn help desk
- Reviews the quality of work, trains and evaluate IT department staff and provide instruction on technical issues.
- Performs duties of lower titles when necessary
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- An equivalent of ten years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: ten years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus eight years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus six years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
- Demonstrated English Language proficiency
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
Preferred qualifications include;
- Ability to learn and support new services
- Knowledge of Hunter and/or CUNY supported services
- Ability to develop a variety of approaches for problem solving
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for service delivery
New Hire: $74,643
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 2, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: IT Senior Associate, Level 1 - Faculty & Staff Helpdesk Manager (ICIT)
Job ID: 16209
Full/Part Time: Full-Time