EOC IT Associate, Level 1 (Provisional) - Server Administration (Brooklyn Educational Opportunity C
EOC IT Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines in and Educational Opportunity Center(EOC). While areas of specialization vary, typically EOC IT Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.
EOC IT Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
EOC IT Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The State University of New York, Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center provides tuition free academic and workforce development training to eligible New York State residents, providing a pathway to lifelong learning, college access and economic self-sufficiency.
The EOC IT Associate (Server Administrator) will be responsible for routine operations, troubleshooting and solving computing and communications problems in Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC). The EOC IT Associate performs work in administering a local area network (LAN) of approximately 500 computers, technical support areas, help desk, telephone systems and similar environments.
Reporting directly to the Director of Administrative Services, or designee, the EOC IT Associate will perform IT operations tasks and serves as a technical resource for the IT support team while providing desktop, hardware, software, printer, and network support in the classrooms and administrative offices.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and administer a Windows infrastructure supporting staff, faculty, and student users
- Perform and oversee day-to-day activities including maintenance, backup, performance monitoring, and security enforcement on Windows platform
- Maintain active directory by managing accounts, policies, DNS records, domain controllers, and organizational units
- Install, upgrade and maintain computer related equipment
- Install and configure computer equipment to support multimedia applications (video, audio, and conferencing)
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve network equipment problems
- Monitor network to ensure security and availability
- Install, upgrade, and maintain application servers, file servers, database servers, print servers and web servers
- Implement routine updates to hardware and software
- Liaise between staff, faculty, and students on issues related to services provided, access and usage policies
- Setup hardware such as relay racks, patch panels, switches, routers, and printers
- Maintain inventory records and records of assignment and use of technical equipment
- Develop and maintain documentation consistent with industry best practices for IT operations
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to facilitate processes, projects, installations and formulation of operating policies and procedures
- Interact with contractors and vendors to support installations, maintenance and repairs, and also for the acquisition of services and equipment
- Troubleshoot telephone systems
- Supervise, lead, and cross-train other team members
- Provide IT training to faculty and staff
- Perform other duties as necessary
- May require evenings and weekends
- A High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: Seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position. CUNY considers full-time experience to be 35 hours per week; An Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency, including the ability to speak, read, write and understand English well enough to meet minimally acceptable performance standards set for job tasks.
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's License, current and valid in the State of New York, may be required for some, but not all, positions.
This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- MCSA, MCSE, or equivalent certification
- At least 5 years of experience with managing Microsoft Windows Servers
- At least 3 years of experience with implementing Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, including DHCP and DNS
- Knowledge of RAID configuration and management
- Knowledge of system installation, configuration, back-up and recovery methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft ISA Server, Microsoft DPM Server
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies
- Knowledge of Distributed File System
- Good written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
New Hire: $59,013
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin on June 20, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: NYC College of Technology
Job Title: EOC IT Associate, Level 1 (Provisional) - Server Administration (Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center)
Job ID: 15071
Full/Part Time: Full-Time