Financial Analyst - Multiple Positions
The Financial Analyst reports directly to the Manager of Capital Assets and is primarily responsible for system maintenance, analysis and reporting of all capital asset and debt activities of the University. The analysts will analyze and report on costs, related expenses, and activities in key business areas (by functional and natural classifications).
- Assist Manager of Capital Assets division in preparation of capital assets and debt analyses of University's Capital asset and debt activities with college accounting offices.
- Assist with the preparation of the University's general-purpose financial statements, RFCUNY indirect cost recovery, and Integrated Postsecondary Educational Data Systems (IPEDS) report.
- Assist with system implementations related to subledgers interfacing with the General Ledger expenses.
- Responsible for system development, analysis of all capital asset and debt-related activities of the University.
- Reconcile deposits and transfer accounts timely with the City and State of New York.
- Prepares all transactions for funds activities, including financial statement data, footnote disclosures and entries for refunding relating to capital assets and debts.
- Prepare and/or review various financial statements and relevant schedules for the University and its related entities to include in consolidated financials and reports.
- Prepares management and financial reports on capital assets and deb-related activity.
- Maintain all University's fixed asset from external sources in PeopleSoft HRIS system.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the University's inventory of fixed assets annually for all senior, community colleges and Central Office.
- Act as liaison with DASNY, colleges, and other agencies for all fixed asset related activities.
- Work on special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- MBA or other advanced degree in a business discipline preferred
- Two years related experience, an advanced degree or CPA can substitute one (1) year of experience
- Professional accounting or financial licensure/certification preferred
- Knowledge of GASB reporting requirements strongly preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using MS Excel spreadsheet functions to perform complex data analyses (vlookup, pivot tables, sorting) strongly preferred
- PeopleSoft ERP systems experience preferred
- Detail oriented and accurate with strong numerical analysis, evaluation and research skills
- Strong writing, verbal, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Work effectively individually and collaboratively with diverse stakeholders of various organizational levels, and follow up and complete assignments
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish plans, manage a large workload and multiple assignments with conflicting priorities and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive office
- Proficiency using computers and standard office, financial and relational database applications and systems, especially MS Access and online general ledger and financial systems.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates financial matters for a program or department under management direction.
- Maintains financial accounts for income and spending; administers the allocation of funds
- Analyzes spending, income trends and usage to recommend improvements
- Manages the collection of revenue and accounts receivable
- Tracks and maintains financial data to provide fiscal reports to management; produces forecasting projections
- Monitors the financial condition of operating centers to ensure efficient use of resources
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as necessary
- May supervise subordinate staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a position focused cover letter and rsum with your online application. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your experience and credentials fulfill the duties and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled, review begins February 23, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: Financial Analyst - Multiple Positions
Job ID: 16328
Full/Part Time: Full-Time