Human Resources Coordinator (HRIS)
Reporting to the Human Resources Specialist, the Human Resources Coordinator (HR Coordinator) will be responsible for data entry processes for all faculty and staff and audit reports. The HR Coordinator will be an integral member of the HRIS team, he/she will perform HRIS functions in a high volume, dynamic, and highly confidential environment.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the HR Coordinator (HRIS) typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of CUNY rules and regulations, relevant laws and guidelines, collective bargaining agreements and college policies and applies them to CUNYFirst procedures and entries.
- Ensures timely and accurate data entry actions relating to Appointments, Reappointments, Leaves, Separations and Person of Interests for 1,900 part-time employees each semester for the Chancellor's University report.
- Assist in guiding part-time employees on claiming CUNYFirst accounts as well as other employee self-service inquiries for name changes, address changes, phone number changes, degree updates, marital status updates and emergency contact updates.
- Assist in researching and responding to inconsistency reports to resolve data errors from audit reports from Central Office.
- Assist in the implementation and facilitation of CUNYFirst Human Capital Management (HCM) related training program for the college community.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers Bachelors and Masters degrees and participates in the Doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
- Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
- Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
- Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
- Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
- Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing the job posting on John Jay College website or in CUNYfirst, please select the "Apply Now" button. If you are viewing the job posting on any other website, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listing"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (Job ID 16628)
- Click on the "Apply Now" and follow the instructions
Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
April 22, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator (HRIS)
Job ID: 16628