Swimming Pool Operator and Life Guard: Germantown/Takoma Park/Rockville
Online applications will be accepted on a continual basis.
Montgomery College is in need of Pool Operators and Life Guards
• SHIFT WORK NOT TO EXCEED 40 HOURS PER WEEK.
Early Mornings, Day, Evenings and Weekends 7 days per week.
• TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES MAY NOT EXCEED 1,300 HOURS BETWEEN OCTOBER 1 AND SEPTEMBER 30 DURING ANY GIVEN YEAR.
Operate, monitor and maintain a healthy and safe aquatic environment/facility for the College community. Perform lifeguard and related water chemistry monitoring duties, including but not
limited to: staffing the sign-desk and "policing" locker rooms.
Perform cleaning and sanitizing duties. Assist with the annual draining, cleaning and refilling of the swimming pool
and other related projects and/or activities.
Support the pool activities and physical education classes utilizing the facility such as setting up and tearing down rental areas,
distributing equipment, opening and closing the facility. Provide information to internal/external patrons concerning College classes and activities, recreational swim and rental programs.
Current Montgomery County HHS approved Certifications:
1. Life Guarding Certification
2. First Aid Certification
3. CPR with AED Certification
Swimming Pool Operator:
1. Mandatory current Montgomery County HHS Swimming Pool Operator License .
2. Current Montgomery County HHS approved Life Guard Certifications.
Application Process :
The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• For consideration, you must:
1. Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
3. E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
• Successful completion of a background check
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Primary Location US-MD-Takoma Park/Silver Spring
Unposting Date Ongoing