Tier 3 - Customer Support Engineer (Enterprise Storage)
iXsystems, an industry leader in open source storage solutions (FreeNAS, TrueNAS, PC-BSD), is on the lookout for committed, experienced and enthusiastic Tier 3 Customer Support Engineer to provide advanced support of complex escalation cases. We are therefore looking for individuals who are highly driven and able to work closely within the Support Team in handling complex support cases as well as interface with Engineering and appropriate departments as needed.
Candidate must have engineering experience across multiple storage-based technologies plus associated applications deployed across heterogeneous Operating Systems with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once. Expert mastery of enterprise storage and networking deployments across a variety of architectures and the ability to reproduce complex customer deployment scenarios is required. Ability to travel to customer sites when needed. Strong customer focus is also a must along with demonstrable troubleshooting expertise through the following skills and experiences:
• Engineering expertise with: UNIX (especially FreeBSD), Linux, Windows, OS X, VMWare/Xen
• Networking and file protocol expertise: TCP/IP, CIFS/SMB, NFS, AFP, iSCSI, HTTP, FTP
• Directory services expertise: LDAP, Open Directory, ADS
• Storage expertise: SAN, NAS, RAID levels, LUNs, multipathing, and extensive ZFS knowledge
• Expertise in tuning systems, networks, and applications (with a focus around storage)
• Disaster Recovery and Data Backup deployment expertise across multiple architectures
• Complex network packet capture/analysis, expertise across the OSI Network protocols and HA
• Expert in performing debugging through log reviews and associate outputs
• Extensive experience working in support organizations dealing with enterprise customers
• Ability to effectively communicate across a wide range of technical and business audiences
• Extensive understanding of complex technical and business concepts
• Share knowledge and experience through documentation and lead mentoring
• Ability as well as desire to quickly learn new technologies and products
• Bourne/Bash, Python, Django, Perl programming experience
• Great working environment, contributing and participating in a great team
• Ability to work closely with a popular open source project, as well as commercial variants
• Health/Dental coverage after 90 days
• Compensation is competitive, based on experience
• Remote employees with significant experience and a proven ability to work largely unsupervised will be considered
Qualified candidates should respond with a copy of their current resum as well as any pertinent contact details so that we can arrange a short phone conversation to assess our mutual interest.
iXsystems is an industry pioneer in building innovative enterprise storage, server, and software products focused on Open Source technology. We build datacenter solutions for some of the largest and most forward-thinking companies in the world, and we also develop some of the world's most popular Open Source software: FreeNAS and PC-BSD. The driving principle behind everything we do at iXsystems is the belief that Open Source technology has the power to change the world through its process of open and collaborative innovation. This Open Source ecosystem enables us to succeed and helps us empower our clients to do the same.
With thousands of clients, in nearly every industry sector, iXsystems has been in business for nearly a decade and a half, remaining, profitable, debt-free, and growing consistently since our humble beginnings. At iX, creating an unforgettable customer experience and lasting relationships is our foremost focus: clients are treated like friends, and employees like family.
We're looking for talented, like-minded, hard working individuals to join forces with us in the fight to disrupt the traditional approach to building storage, servers, and software for the betterment of technology and the world as a whole.
At iXsystems, we pride ourselves on being unique. What makes us unique are the varied characteristics of those who have joined us throughout the years. Though we have many different personalities, this vibe helps bring us together to work not only as a team, but also as a family. iXsystems started this company with two good friends and a few loved ones, who shared a passion for Open Source and customer satisfaction. We expect each new team member to flourish in their position and share the same energy and drive, as well as embody the integrity, professionalism, and technical acumen that makes us the most unique and exciting technology companies in the industry.
At the heart of those values, iXsystems also revels in one simple fact -- that we have recruited the best. To welcome new members into the iX family, we offer great perks and benefits including (but not limited to):
*Great working environment, contributing and participating in a great team
*Ability to work closely with popular open source projects
*Competitive Compensation, based on experience (this role is base salary + uncapped commission)
*Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, personal, holidays, birthday
*Medical, Dental, Life, 401k - with some options being 100% employer paid premiums
*Lounge areas with darts, Netflix/Hulu, arcade games, music/jam room, and weight room
*Annual Company Picnic, Annual Holiday Party, BBQs, weekly fitness bootcamp, and bowling events
San Jose, CA
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 14:53:36 PDT