The Project Engineer will interact with and support project management teams with documentation on multiple industrial construction projects.
- Promote, foster and maintain open communication among project team members
- Interface with Estimating and Project Management
- Review drawings and specifications
- Create drawing logs and submittal logs
- Develop submittal schedules
- Prioritize, process, track and maintain submittals and RFIs in a computerized database
- Review and distribute contract document updates
- Support the Project Team in problem resolution
- Develop project closeout packages
- Provide support to Estimating on special projects
- Assist with Procurement and Scope Package development
- Coordinate with the Project Controls department
- Provide technical support to Project Managers
- Assist Project Management with Change Management
- Assist Project Management with project reports
- Support projects with job site visits as required
- Other duties and special projects as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE/REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Construction Management or engineering/management equivalent;
- 3-5+ years of experience;
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of processes and procedures and resolution of standard and non-standard issues;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Advanced written and oral communications skills to present research findings and requirements and define appropriate reporting methodology;
- Ability to communicate fluently in the English language;
- Excellent computer aptitude including Microsoft Office & Adobe Acrobat;
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD and Primavera or similar software;
- Knowledge of Timberline Project Management and Smart Search or have the ability to learn new software with training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to perform tasks in a professional office setting.
An AA/EOE Employer
A/Z Corporation is a diversified Engineering, Construction, Operations and Maintenance firm. With business and organizational roots going back to 1968, A/Z Corporation has become a recognized leader in construction, operations and maintenance services, with a focus on technology-oriented markets. Our unwavering responsibility to our clients has allowed A/Z to serve some of the region's most recognizable companies.
The success of A/Z Corporation is built upon the technical skill, innovation, and professionalism of our employees. As a diversified Construction, Operations, and Maintenance firm, the individuals who work here come from a variety of backgrounds and bring a diverse array of talents to our business. These office professionals, engineers, estimators, project managers, technicians and trades people provide our Clients with a customer-centric focus that has continuously distinguished us from our competitors.
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 09:05:00 PDT