Senior ASIC Verification Engineer
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with five to ten years of experience in the verification of ASIC/IC devices.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Ability to create and execute to a high-level verification plan which includes
- Setup, building and running simulation test benches
- Application of coverage analysis (code, functional, assertions, etc.)
- Derivation of verification requirements from design requirements
- Analyzing and debugging failures to establish root cause
- Application of direct and random methods
- Use of a high-level language for verification, such as SystemVerilog C++, Java, etc.
- Highly skilled with one or more industry standard simulation tools such as Mentor's Questa-ModelSim, Synopsys's VCS, or Cadence's NCSIM
- Strong understanding of typical design structures such as FIFO's, pipelines, memories, state machines, etc.
- Strong understanding of standard protocols such as PCI Express, Ethernet, etc.
- Strong understanding of device level requirements, micro-architecture, and detailed design descriptions derived from design specifications
- Comfortable and confident interacting with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support occasional travel
The following additional skills and experiences would be a plus:
- ASIC design experience
- Experience with SystemVerilog OVM/UVM
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (classes, methods, polymorphism)
- Experience in a lab environment debugging ASICs
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
FirstPass Engineering has been providing digital and analog solutions for their customers since 1993. Whether it be designing in the latest ASIC/FPGA technology or utilizing the most advanced verification methods to assure that a customer's product is RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, you will find FirstPass Engineering to be an exciting work environment that offers an exceptionally high level of exposure to a wide variety of products with many leading-edge commercial, military, and aerospace companies.
We are looking for design and verification engineers in the Denver and Phoenix metro area offices with varying levels of experience that relish the opportunity to utilize, broaden, and grow their skills and enjoy the continued success and growth that FirstPass Engineering has experienced for over 20 years. Providing highly specialized solutions across large market segments for an endless variety of products is challenging and rewarding, and offers significant opportunity for personal growth as well as leadership opportunities.
Find out more at www.firstpasseng.com
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 08:49:42 PDT