Business Systems Analyst
We are hiring a Business Systems Analyst for a Contract position in Torrance, CA
FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, feel free to contact EITHER of us direct and reference the job#:
SUMIT KUMAR: (714) 576 - 7031
MICHELL CASEY: (949) 860 - 4715
** We will NOT accept 3rd party, Corp to Corp (C2C) or Independent (1099) contractors for this role **
Position: Business Systems Analyst
Job Ref #: 28644
Duration: 12-36+ Months (On-Going Contract)
Location: Torrance, CA 90501 (on-site only)
Rate: OPEN, depends on exp level (W2 ONLY)
Please Note: We will only consider consultants who reside/live in S. California
Business/Systems Analyst will work with the Telematics Development team, which supports or performs front-end development on mobile apps and websites. They do a lot of back-end development of services that power the front-end. This involves a particular amount of integration or data ingestion. These BSA's work with the business users to gather requirements and translate them into systems requirements for the development team to create their design. They need to be familiar with artifacts to produce use cases and requirements. They sometimes will translate documentation into process flows and sequence diagrams. They will ensure the QA team is creating testing plans or test cases to fit the business requirements.
• Support the design, development, and implementation of leading edge Telematics systems
• Define, maintain, promote the vision and direction for Telematics projects
• Liaison with Business stakeholder and Technical teams to drive the process of gathering and documenting functional/non-functional requirements and functional design from discovery
• Produce all SDLC required scope and high level design documentation, which includes business requirements documents, functional specifications, process models, use cases, wireframes and UX
• Participate in high level solutions, design development, and reviews
• Serve as subject matter expert (SME) and provide guidance and clarifications for architect, technical, and QA resources
• Gathers, refines, and validates complex business requirements, interdependencies, potential risks and issues
• Analyzes business partners operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions
• Assists in the business process design or redesign and documentation as needed
• Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to such specifications
• Facilitates communication and gains commitment between business units to align solutions with business strategies
• Develops complex business cases
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member. at times as a project leader
• May coach and mentor less experienced staff
• Assists with facilitating project governance and corporate priorities
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
• 5+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst, gathering/defining requirements, scoping, architecture design, documentations, workflow diagrams and artifacts
• Experience working in either the Automotive industry or Consumable Electronics is required
• Hands-on knowledge of custom Internet Application Development, Information Architecture, Mobility, and/or Services-based Architecture (SOA)
• Been part of multiple successful end-to-end deliveries from scope through Implementation, including maintenance.
• Experience with in the SDLC, creating design documents, process models, wireframes and UX design.
• Experience creating scenarios, business rules, reports design and user interface visualization
• Experience developing BRDs, use cases, mockups/wireframes, gathering UML artifacts, business processes flows, and technical workflows
• Experience coordinating test activities, scope testing, test cases, and user acceptance testing
• Experience working with Waterfall and Agile deliverables.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience using Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 02:05:37 PDT