Tier 3 Server Hardware Support
The successful candidate will assist the Production and Support Teams with custom server solutions for customers' needs through evaluating customer requirements along with verifying system configurations meet those requirements. Ability to provide technical expertise to the Support Team for issues raised in the field is required, including occasional on-site work to debug complex customer issues. The debugging work will include complex hardware issues, hardware compatibility, and OS interoperability exceptions. Strong customer focus is always the primary focus along while demonstrating methodical troubleshooting and configuration competency in a wide variety of categories, including:
• Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to track and complete multiple simultaneous customer issues
• Strong customer service skills in written and spoken communications
• Systematic troubleshooting ability, following a repeatable, exhaustive scientific methodology
• Ability to diagnose the root cause of system failures - to include identifying failing components and source(s) of failure along with O/S interoperability
• Full understanding of server hardware systems and O/S interoperability (primarily Linux and FreeBSD)
• Experience integrating commercially-available computer components into reliable server systems from Intel, AMD, SuperMicro, and others
• Experience with BIOS and firmware installation along with advanced troubleshooting
• Experience with interconnection technologies to include PCI Express, ethernet, fiber, infiniband, etc.
• Experience with storage technologies with a focus across SATA, SAS, and RAID topologies
• Experience with network technologies with a focus across Ethernet and TCP/IP
• Datacenter operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows Server) configuration and troubleshooting
• Experience with FreeBSD, NetBSD, and/or OpenBSD is a plus
• Knowledge of remote management technologies (mainly IPMI -- similar to HP iLO or Dell DRAC)
• Knowledge of Intel/AMD architecture at the CPU and chipset level
• Ability to perform, lead, and supervise bench-level repair/testing
• Ability to analyze PCI Express, QPI, SAS, SES
• Ability to interface with manufacturers across technical escalations
• Familiarity with benchmarking methods and technologies
• Background in Network Engineering a plus
Qualified candidates should respond with a copy of their current resum as well as any pertinent contact details so that we can arrange a short phone conversation to assess our mutual interest.
iXsystems is an industry pioneer in building innovative enterprise storage, server, and software products focused on Open Source technology. We build datacenter solutions for some of the largest and most forward-thinking companies in the world, and we also develop some of the world's most popular Open Source software: FreeNAS and PC-BSD. The driving principle behind everything we do at iXsystems is the belief that Open Source technology has the power to change the world through its process of open and collaborative innovation. This Open Source ecosystem enables us to succeed and helps us empower our clients to do the same.
With thousands of clients, in nearly every industry sector, iXsystems has been in business for nearly a decade and a half, remaining, profitable, debt-free, and growing consistently since our humble beginnings. At iX, creating an unforgettable customer experience and lasting relationships is our foremost focus: clients are treated like friends, and employees like family.
We're looking for talented, like-minded, hard working individuals to join forces with us in the fight to disrupt the traditional approach to building storage, servers, and software for the betterment of technology and the world as a whole.
At iXsystems, we pride ourselves on being unique. What makes us unique are the varied characteristics of those who have joined us throughout the years. Though we have many different personalities, this vibe helps bring us together to work not only as a team, but also as a family. iXsystems started this company with two good friends and a few loved ones, who shared a passion for Open Source and customer satisfaction. We expect each new team member to flourish in their position and share the same energy and drive, as well as embody the integrity, professionalism, and technical acumen that makes us the most unique and exciting technology companies in the industry.
At the heart of those values, iXsystems also revels in one simple fact -- that we have recruited the best. To welcome new members into the iX family, we offer great perks and benefits including (but not limited to):
*Great working environment, contributing and participating in a great team
*Ability to work closely with popular open source projects
*Competitive Compensation, based on experience (this role is base salary + uncapped commission)
*Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, personal, holidays, birthday
*Medical, Dental, Life, 401k - with some options being 100% employer paid premiums
*Lounge areas with darts, Netflix/Hulu, arcade games, music/jam room, and weight room
*Annual Company Picnic, Annual Holiday Party, BBQs, weekly fitness bootcamp, and bowling events
San Jose, CA
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 11:13:20 PDT