Tier 2 Support Engineer
Covestic is searching for Tier 2 Support Engineers to join our team. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire for correcting issues, and ensuring strong client loyalty and high satisfaction. The Support Engineer Tier 2 position performs alert-based investigation and troubleshooting of alerts fired into the SCOM monitoring solution, Tier 1 queue and escalated to the SCSM ticketing queue. The troubleshooting process is completed by following steps which are outlined in troubleshooting guides, including escalating complex issues through an Incident Record in System Center Service Manager to the Engineers in Tier 2.5 and Tier 3 teams.
• 2+ years of operations center/monitoring experience at Tier 2 level
• Experience troubleshooting in diverse scenarios involving server applications, databases, and networking (must be server side support not desktop)
• In-depth working knowledge and troubleshooting ability with Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, and IIS Manager 7.0+
• Ability and willingness to work in a shift environment providing 24x7x365 support.
• Excellent customer service, strong interpersonal communication, and superior written/oral communication skills
• Highly motivated, self-starting individual contributor, capable of working closely and effectively within a team
• Previous experience working in a 24x7 production environment supporting critical real-time applications
• Operations Support experience following procedures and monitoring inbox and help desks
• Strong communication skills- writing ability sufficient to write email correspondence and error descriptions
• Cross-group collaboration skills and good communication skills to deal with internal customers and to work cooperatively with other employees
• 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
• In-depth working knowledge and troubleshooting ability with Microsoft System Center software
• Windows Operating System Certification (MCSE 2003 or MCITP preferred)
Covestic is a premier provider of IT services for midsize and enterprise organizations. As a leader in helping clients to identify, implement and manage the IT solutions which make their businesses stronger, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of services encompassing various facets of IT Service Management, IT Operations, Cloud Computing, and Project Delivery. If you are a practiced professional with a passion for technology and teamwork, then join our team.
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 07:27:24 PDT