SR Industrial Engineer
Primary Responsibility: Implement Industrial Engineering methods and techniques to improve facility operations through better labor management practices.
Essential Functions include:
1. Lead the implementation, standardization and deployment of the company's Workforce Management system.
2. Coach functional and operational leadership and staff on use of WFM tools, methods and applications.
3. Apply IE skills and methodologies to opportunities that reduce costs, improve efficiency, and quality without negatively impacting service levels.
4. Direct studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
5. Conduct a hands-on review of SOP's at facility level to ensure compliance with all processes.
6. Partner with Regional VPs and General Managers to support site improvements in labor management, equipment and automation, facility layout and operations.
7. Serve as business partner on various projects which impact facility operations such as labor incentive policies and utilization.
8. Identify and implement initiatives which improve utilization of assets (facility, labor, equipment etc.)
9. Travel as required by business needs.
10. Manage Standards Pro (MOST) System of labor standards
11. Train/Coach Industrial Engineers as required.
12. Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• 4 year degree required; Bachelor's degree preferably in Industrial Engineering and a minimum of 5 years experience in related field (engineering, warehousing, distribution, labor standards).
• Technical skills in industrial engineering, management, quality assurance and costing required.
• Proficient with AS400, RF Scanning and WMS/WFM systems
• MOST Certified
• Proficient with JDA warehouse management system and labor management system
• Solid computer skills, preferably in a Windows environment (Project, Word, Excel).
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbal with individuals at all levels of the organization, external contacts, customers and potential customers
• Ability to work in matrix managed environment
• Demonstrates a results-based leadership style with strong impact and influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and work efforts simultaneously
• Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills
• Ability to organize tasks to accomplish specific goals
• Ability to write reports and interpret wide variety of data
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired
• Demonstrates uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Willingness to travel (heavy travel required - estimated 80%); Some international travel may be required.
Nykin Groups is a dynamic, full-service systems integration and technology-consulting firm. We are an innovative, market responsive organization focused solely on helping clients solve the challenges of an ever-changing technology landscape. Nykin has succeeded in delivering solutions that increase the productivity and profitability of our client operations. Nykin has become a vital resource in the technology sector. We are committed to placing highly skilled technical professionals with employers. Whether the need is permanent of contract, Nykin provides exceptional services.
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:27:39 PDT