Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
GXM is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with big data experience to work as a part of a team on a dynamic and exciting project for the US Government. The ideal candidate will have a true passion for writing software and be thoroughly familiar with the entire software delivery lifecycle, ability to work in fast paced and dynamic environment and be a valuable contributor to the team. We are looking for someone who loves to get their hands dirty in the code base and leads by example.
Experience in Agile methodology and the ability to mentor more junior members of the team is also desired.
The ideal candidate will have a Top Secret clearance and a minimum of 10 years of experience and a graduate degree in a related field.
- Highly skilled with Java
- Highly skilled with PostgreSQL
- XML, SOAP, REST, and web 2.0 technologies
- Experience with Apache Mesos, Apache Solr and Apache Zookeeper
- Experience with Marathon and Docker
- Experience with scalable distributed data storage
- Experience with Agile development
- System Integration experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in project definition
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, face-paced environment
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications.
- Define software/and or system architecture, design software modules, and produce associated documentation per corporate or customer standards.
- Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- 10+ Years of experience
GXM is a rapidly growing technology company.
We work hard to deliver innovative technical solutions that transform organizational operations.
Our team focuses on developing low cost, high value technical capabilities that enhance our customer's capabilities.
We apply product and project management, software development and systems engineering expertise to enable customers to leverage technology solutions to change the way they operate.
Our team prides itself on hiring creative and resourceful technologists to join us in our projects. We are always looking for creative talent to join us in helping our clients succeed.
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 04:55:41 PDT