ASIC Design Engineer
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with two to five years of experience in the design of ASIC/IC devices.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog RTL coding of typical design structures such as registers, pipelines, state machines, memories and FIFOs
- A broad understanding of the design flow from concept through RTL development, verification, synthesis, timing closure, etc.
- Previous experience with some portion of vendor tooling within an ASIC development flow is a must
- A basic understanding of standard protocols such as PCI, DDR, Ethernet, and I2C
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The following additional skills and experiences would be a plus:
- Exposure to or participation in deep-submicron ASIC technologies and flows
- Use of a high-level language for verification, such as SystemVerilog C++, Java, etc.
- Mixed signal design experience and the tools associated with it
- Experience with ASIC P&R tools such as ICC or Silicon Encounter
- Experience in a lab environment debugging ASICs
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
FirstPass Engineering has been providing digital and analog solutions for their customers since 1993. Whether it be designing in the latest ASIC/FPGA technology or utilizing the most advanced verification methods to assure that a customer's product is RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, you will find FirstPass Engineering to be an exciting work environment that offers an exceptionally high level of exposure to a wide variety of products with many leading-edge commercial, military, and aerospace companies.
We are looking for design and verification engineers in the Denver and Phoenix metro area offices with varying levels of experience that relish the opportunity to utilize, broaden, and grow their skills and enjoy the continued success and growth that FirstPass Engineering has experienced for over 20 years. Providing highly specialized solutions across large market segments for an endless variety of products is challenging and rewarding, and offers significant opportunity for personal growth as well as leadership opportunities.
Find out more at www.firstpasseng.com
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 08:45:18 PDT