Applications Engineer (5 Axis or Machining Center)
Primary Purpose and Function:
This position is responsible to technically support Customers, Distributor AE's and Sales Departments, Partners, and the Okuma America Sales Department by performing machine demos, training, time studies, specification reviews, specification reviews and complex process development potentially leading to a turnkey. Main focus will be high tech projects/processes - 5 axis machining applications and capabilities.
- Program and set up Okuma machines and peripherals in support of complex machining applications.
- Operate machines and troubleshoot manufacturing/ machining issues
- Review part drawings, Cad models, to determine the machining process and machining time
- Part print review to determine machine model, tooling and work holding for specific customer requirements/applications
- Visit/travel (could be global) to customers for training, machine process acceptance and troubleshooting
- Technical support for Applications Engineering, Okuma Sales and Distribution.
- Prepare machine demonstrations
- Cad/Cam program 5-axis parts highlighting the Okuma OSP control and functions supporting events, shows and distributor open houses.
- Work with tooling partners to determine the best tool for the application and material being machined.
- Demonstrate Okuma products highlighting Okuma 5-axis technology
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Machine Tool Technology, or Trades Schooling
- Solid foundation in machining (5 axis) and process determination
- Understanding of tooling specifics, workholding, cutting practices, raw material, aircraft alloys, and exotic metals
- 3 - 5 years' experience with Okuma or common competitor types of equipment
- Proficiency CAD/CAM programmer
Okuma is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have Great People and a Great Environment. Attracting and retaining exceptional talent has contributed to us becoming the dominant global force in computer numeric controls (CNC) and machining technology. At Okuma, your voice will be heard, your skills stretched and your results rewarded. With dedication, talent and drive, you can build a career with us. Okuma offers competitive compensation and benefits for full time positions.
Okuma America Corporation is the US based affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in the development of computer numeric controls (CNC) and machining technology, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. Okuma is known for its technology leadership and world-class manufacturing, product quality and dedication to customer service. Okuma products are used in the automotive, aerospace and defense, construction and farming equipment, oil and energy, medical, mold and die, and fluid power industries.
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:27:16 PDT