Postdoctoral Fellow for Health Policy and System
The Duke Kunshan University and Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI) seek to hire a full-time postdoctoral research fellow to work at an innovative Global Health Research Center established by Duke Kunshan University in Kunshan, China. The Global Health Research Center is a new interdisciplinary program tied closely to health priorities and challenges in China and other Asian countries, and currently focuses on four research areas: health policy and systems, global environmental health, non-communicable chronic diseases (NCDs) and emerging infectious diseases.
Duke Kunshan University is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China. The Duke Kunshan University campus is located 37 miles west of Shanghai in Kunshan, which is connected to Shanghai via a 15-minute high-speed train. In addition to a global health and other research centers, Duke Kunshan University offers several graduate degrees and undergraduate programs. For more info, visit http://www.dukekunshan.edu.cn.
DGHI is one of seven interdisciplinary University Institutes at Duke University in Durham, NC. Its mission is to undertake and coordinate global health education and training, research, and policy related programs involving many disciplines throughout the university, including the medical center. For more information on DGHI, please see http://globalhealth.duke.edu/.
This position is based in Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province, China.
The postdoctoral position is to support the health policy and system research program of the GHRC to undertake quality research. This position is also seen as means to train young researchers working in this area of importance to health system reform in China and the region.
Reports to: Shenglan Tang, Professor of Global Health at Duke Kunshan and one junior faculty
- Actively participate in major research programs undertaken within the health policy and system research program
- Produce quality research outputs
- Develop new research projects via grant applications
- Mentor research assistants working in the program
- Support faculty to undertake the teaching for the GH program
- PhD in epidemiology, health economics, public health and other relevant areas
- A minimum of three years of research experiences in the area of quality of care improvement in the context of overall health system strengthening
- Advanced quantitative analytic skills
- Skills and knowledge on implementation research
- Skills and knowledge on qualitative research method
- Scientific written skills
- Good command of spoken and writing English
How to apply:
Review of applications will be on a rolling basis and continue until the position is filled. Submit the following, with the subject line of “Health System and Policy Research Postdoc application” to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and what you expect to get out of it
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow for Health Policy and System
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly