Student Athletics Director
This position will report to the Vice President of Student Affairs at the City College of New York. In addition to the Overview duties, the Student Athletics Director will:
- Develop and oversee external funding initiatives, protocols and compliance.
- Develop and manage Health and Safety protocols.
- Administer the Academic Support Program for Athletes.
- Liaise with the College's administration and various administrative offices and ad hoc committees along with the City College Alumni Varsity association and City College Alumni Association.
- Serve on the Faculty/Student Committee on Inter-collegiate Athletics and Board of Directors of the City College Alumni Varsity Association.
- Consult and work with accident insurance policy underwriters and medical care providers regarding treatment for student-athletes.
- Prepare and present reports as required by internal and external entities (NCAA, etc.).
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative direction and oversight for intercollegiate, intramural and recreational athletics staff, programs, facilities and activities.
- Provides oversight for all athletics programs, facilities, and equipment
- Ensures compliance with federal, divisional and university athletics regulations
- Administers departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner
- Collaborates with other College departments on recruiting and retaining student athletes
- Collaborates with College communications professionals and the media on publicity and reporting of athletic events and results
- Manages full- and part-time athletics staff
- Plans, implements, and promotes intercollegiate, intramural, and recreational athletic programs including varsity sports, intramural program, a range of credit and non-credit recreational programs
- Establish and maintain appropriate policies and standards for teams and recreational groups
- Collect and analyze departmental statistics and data and prepare and distribute reports as appropriate
- Performs related duties as assigned
Job Title Name: Student Athletics Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
May 6, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Student Athletics Director
Job ID: 16573
Full/Part Time: Full-Time