Student Psychological Counselor - Counseling & Wellness Services, Division of Student Affairs
Counseling & Wellness Services is a fast-paced, dynamic operation committed to the provision of quality clinical services, training, and education. This position reports to the Director of Counseling and Wellness Services, the Student Psychological Counselor, as a member of an interdisciplinary team, will provide a range of mental health and consultation services to the Hunter College community.
These activities include:
- Comprehensive Evaluations
- Individual Counseling
- Crisis Intervention and Referral
- Supervision of Graduate-Level Trainees
- Outreach to students, faculty, staff, and community-based organizations
- Consultation with Faculty and Staff
- Consultation & Collaboration with Students Affairs Staff
- Assessment, Quality Assurance, Strategic Planning, Research Activity
- Program Development
The ideal candidate offers solid clinical, assessment, crisis intervention, supervisory, and collaborative skills, coupled with demonstrated experience functioning as a member of a team. Experience in outpatient mental health services and/or college-based mental health desirable. Overall flexibility, and the ability to successfully negotiate multiple demands and competing priorities, are crucial. Knowledge of the DSM and short-term counseling modalities required.
A Doctoral degree in Psychology to include Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs
A Master's degree in an appropriate discipline for personal or psychological counseling and a New York State license as a mental health practitioner (social work, psychology, or mental health counseling).
In addition, six years' professional experience is required for all candidates.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides student counseling services as a member of a team.
- Provides psychological counseling to individuals and groups of students
- Performs crisis intervention for emergency situations
- Performs intake and assessment for personal counseling services
- Consults with instructional and administrative staff regarding student mental health issues; may prepare and present outreach initiatives and workshops
- Participates in recommending improvements that will impact the counseling center's effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Psychological Counselor
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
($61,394 - $81,855)*. Salary commensurate with experience.
*Effective 4/20/2017 and subject to the new contract implementation.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefit. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 professional references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin May 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Student Psychological Counselor - Counseling & Wellness Services, Division of Student Affairs
Job ID: 16630
Full/Part Time: Full-Time