Associate Director of Student Engagement Initiatives
The Associate Director of Student Engagement Initiatives will manage the Leadership Initiatives office within Student Engagement Initiatives. As such, they will manage the following programs and their respective staffs: STEM Career Development Institute, Collegiate Health Service Corps, CUNY Service Corps and the S Jay Levy Fellows for Future Leaders Program. The focus of these programs is to assist students with identifying, applying for, and securing internships in their chosen academic fields. This is achieved by providing students with career education and personal skills development workshops, as well as one-on-one mentoring. Additionally students will be receiving training in communication, teamwork and leadership. These students are all eligible for financial support to fund internship work which the Associate Director will oversee.
This position will report to the Executive Director of Student Engagement Initiatives at the City College of New York and be a key member of the Student Engagement management team.
The Associate Director will, in addition to the duties above:
- Manage the recruitment of students and speakers for the several programs; review of applications and admission determinations.
- Manage the Leadership Initiatives website and sub-sites for each program and all program communications.
- Maintain ongoing communications with targeted student population as well as department management, advisory groups, and external organizations.
- Develop mid-year and annual reports and make presentations to the College President, Provost, S Jay Levy Fellowship Board of Directors and other college leaders as needed on program outcomes and progress.
- Develop methods to track program alumni employment experience.
- Manage the creation of new internship sites.
- Develop and manage implementation of workshops and development programs and offerings.
- Manage data collection to analyze learning outcomes and job/internship readiness.
- Collaborate with the SEI Administrative Coordinator; manage budget and assure bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Manage the student internship program and all communications with the students
and the site supervisors.
- Work with the Development Office to manage the stipend disbursement process and ensure stipends are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervise full-time staff and part-time student employees.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Jewish Foundation for Education of Women and mange the JFEW scholarship program.
- Work with the City College Fund to manage the Fairy Godmother program.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Experience working with college students (advising, teaching, leadership development etc.)
- Experience working with external partners and organizations
- Experience working with donors and an external Board of Directors
- Experience working with college students in career or leadership development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with program/event management
- City College experience
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops and manages career development programs and services in a College of Unit and assumes a leadership role in the design and delivery of creative approaches to career education and planning.
- Assists in unit planning, such as setting goals and objectives, and monitors status of progress toward meeting goals
- Designs and produces outcomes assessment reports; reviews outcomes and feedback and recommends strategies to expand and improve services.
- Directs a portfolio of targeted career programs, such as mentoring, internship, and alumni programs
- Manages one or more aspects of career office operations, such as on-campus recruiting
- Evaluates new technologies, assessment materials, and other career tools, makes recommendations, and acquires/implements them
- May counsel a limited number of students
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Career Program Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
May 6, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Associate Director of Student Engagement Initiatives
Job ID: 16626
Full/Part Time: Full-Time