Undergraduate Admissions Coordinator
The Undergraduate Admissions Office at Baruch College seeks a qualified professional to serve as an Admissions Coordinator to assist with the Admissions Office day-to-day operations. The candidate must possess knowledge and understanding of the admissions enrollment cycle from inquiry through enrollment.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the responsibilities of the Admissions Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the coordination of the day-to-day processing of all undergraduate applications which includes working closely with associated support staff and student aides. This involves daily interaction with admitted students and responding to their questions through email, telephone and face-to-face; handling and processing all associated application documents, transcripts, commitment deposits; establishing and maintaining student records; and assuring completeness and accuracy of data.
- Maintain databases by monitoring processes and reviewing data records that feed into several databases maintained by the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Coordinate the immunization and residency processes.
- Supervise federal work-study students, which includes hiring, maintaining schedules and timesheets.
- Provide office coverage on evening and weekends as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required; two (2) years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience in admissions processing and student affairs preferred
- Experience with data and systems in a strong customer service oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook)
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in dealing with student information and make decisions when appropriate
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy, efficiency and meet deadlines
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
- Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
- Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
- Represents the Admission Office to the college's internal and external communities as directed
- Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$40,815 - $45,957; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
May 6, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Undergraduate Admissions Coordinator
Job ID: 16619
Full/Part Time: Full-Time