Part Time Community ESL Specialist
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-030
Posting Start Date: 4/7/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Part Time Community ESL Specialist
A Community ESL Specialist is responsible for the:
- Coordinating and conducting student registration, as well as processing student registrations and related student enrollment and update forms
- Conducting testing and scoring of pre- and post-assessments; Advising students; Assigning instructional level and providing educational information to other on- or off-campus sites as necessary
- Maintaining student data, preparing student enrollment, attendance, and update reports
- Providing support for teacher, instructional materials, photocopying and equipment support
- Assisting with the creation and distribution of recruitment flyers/posters
- Assisting with recruitment efforts at community outreach events
- Typing documents and forms
- Answering phones and responding to inquiries about ESL on the telephone, computer, and in-person
- Operating office equipment including copier, fax, computer, scanner, binding machine, and shredder
- Working cooperatively with other members in the Division of Business and Continuing Education (BCED) on projects and initiatives, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, TESOL, or related field
- Minimum of 1 year administrative or related work experience
- 3 years' experience preferred
- Experience in a foreign language preferred
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.