General Statement of Job
To perform various warehouse operations activities including receiving, storage, delivery, and maintenance of supplies, materials, equipment, and surplus and salvage property.
Location Service Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm Salary Specialist 3/112 ($21,999.00 - $31,417.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Warehouse Supervisor Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Warehouse operations and activities.
- Inventory and warehouse documentation.
- Warehouse safety standards.
- Postal procedures and regulations.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Performing various warehouse operations activities.
- Receiving, unloading, inspecting, and processing deliveries.
- Stocking and pulling inventory.
- Processing mail in accordance with postal regulations and procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Preparing and/or processing purchase orders.
- Accountable for inventory/property management.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Basic knowledge of automated Package tracking systems
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Valid unrestricted current drivers license
- Work is performed in a variety of settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
- May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.