Assistant, Library - Part-Time (50%)
General Statement of Job
Assist patrons and perform all circulation desk functions and other procedures in a highly automated, dynamic and diverse, customer service, and teamwork-oriented environment.
Location Elgin Campus
Note: Library Services Hours 20 hours/week as assigned Salary Assistant 2/111 ($10,427.00 - $14,895.50) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Head Librarian Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Library operations in a higher education or similar environment.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining effective time management practices, including an established work schedule, possible weekend and evening hours, and/or work at multiple campus locations.
- Using effective oral and written interpersonal and workplace communication skills.
- Using effective organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and procedures or standards, and task completion, in an individual or group setting.
- Providing superior customer service.
- Applying problem solving skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patron information and work-related information and materials in compliance with Austin Community College policies and Instructional Resources & Technology/Library Services (IRT/LS) guidelines, as well as federal and national standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Adapting effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic, and evolving work environment.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use automated library systems within a web-based environment.
Required Work Experience
- Six months related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Work experience in a library circulation department and use of proprietary library systems.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of library services and operations especially in a community college setting.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.