Associate Research Director
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Associate Research Director
Founded in 1979, and with campuses in Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, and online, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is the nation's leading nonprofit school exclusively dedicated to psychology and its applications. The Chicago School trains individuals to be engaged professionals in their communities, approach practice and scholarship from the broader view of innovators, transformers, and problem solvers, and use their disciplines to make positive and lasting impact on the world. A cornerstone of The Chicago School mission is its commitment to serving and embracing diverse and underserved communities.
The Associate Director of Applied Professional Practice oversees the entire internship/practicum experience for the students in the assigned program. This position collaborates with the other Directors of Applied Professional Practice, and is responsible for training department-specific APP staff. The Associate Director of Applied Professional Practice acts as a liaison between the academic program administration and faculty, the training sites, and the students.
- Oversee the education of students who are engaged in the thesis/ARP process.
- Chair approximately 20 theses per year.
- Manage the flow of information regarding students' progress, as well as problems, to academic department chairs, faculty.
- Consult on the development and maintenance of coursework pertinent to thesis.
- Interact and communicate successfully with a diverse population.
- Act in a way that embodies the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department chair.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to provide constructive feedback to shape writing process.
- Possessed strong knowledge and can teach APA writing style.
- Possesses the ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Maintains a professional appearance and acts in respectful and ethical manner.
- Possesses the ability to remain calm and make decisions under pressure - strong time management skills.
- Learns actively to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Thinks critically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicates ideas and information effectively in both vocal and written form.
- Possesses the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, needs, and demands.
- Maintains knowledge of local and national training and licensing requirements
- Understands and has the ability to navigate multiple levels of program hierarchies
- Possesses computer proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel or other graphing programs.
- Must have current BCBA
- Must have successfully completed a thesis
- Completed PhD course work, preferred
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System, and its affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.