Lead Enterprise Resource Planning Developer
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology know-how and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operational Development, the Lead ERP Developer performs the following duties:
- Leads and mentors developers on the team while fostering the use of common and best practices in alignment with GW goals under the direction of the Assistant Director of Operational Development. Observes the team and recommends performance improvement and professional development opportunities.
- Aptly manages team demands and shows willingness/ability to delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
- Assesses technologies and tools and provide recommendations. Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives. Presents ideas for system improvements. Demonstrates interest in improving the organization's technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business. Participates in the evolution of best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Understands and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Demonstrates aptitude for owning responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Provides thought-leadership as it relates to emerging technologies and completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Establish quality standards and procedures. Review modules for quality assurance. Check compliance with application architecture standards. Conduct testing of application modules to ensure application meets specifications. Prepare software code for production or testing by completing deployment procedures and change management. Create technical requirement, design and testing documentation as necessary to support complex software development efforts.
- Performs code review and quality assurance on developed code to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and compliance with set standards before migration to production.
- Participates in project planning process with clients, business analyst, and team members. Capture and trace operational metrics to understand performance and ensure success in process improvements.
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology Campus in Ashburn, VA but may require occasional travel to the GW Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC.
The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific
duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supporting, enhancing, and upgrading Enterprise systems, preferably Banner, Oracle E-Business Suite, and /or a higher education ERP. Understands and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Programming experience in Java, JS, CSS, Groovy/Grails, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, BI Publisher, Oracle Workflow, Pro*C, XML, and Adobe Flex. Strong knowledge of Oracle database packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and database tuning techniques. Knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux, Unix, Windows); Integrated Development Environment (Eclipse, JDeveloper, Grails); Scripting Languages (Perl, Groovy, Unix Shell); Development Framework (Oracle OAF, Oracle ADF).
- A demonstrated ability to lead Projects and teams in multiple development tasks. Possesses strong analytical skills and can develop technical specifications from functional requirements.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical, communication, and personnel skills to succeed in a team environment.
- Proficiency in System Architecture and Software Engineering principles: ensuring consistent implementation of enterprise-level best practices.
- Ability to plan and execute projects.
- Provides thought-leadership as it relates to emerging technologies and readying our company and engineers for productively integrating the same into our business.
- Recognized expert in specific areas related to software development.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn College/School/Department: Division of IT Family Information Technology Sub-Family Enterprise Systems - Development Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? Yes (Department Specific) Posting Number: S006234 Job Open Date: 04/07/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently work at GW?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter