Coordinator of Student Recruiting - Carle Illinois College of Medicine (A1700215)
Carle Illinois College of Medicine
Coordinator of Student Recruiting
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Illinois) and Carle Health System (Carle) have embarked on an exciting endeavor by creating the nation's first engineering-based college of medicine. In partnership, Carle and Illinois are seeking an exceptional leader to serve as the first permanent Coordinator of Student Recruiting.
The Coordinator of Student Recruiting will serve as a point person for applicants, faculty, alumni, and other stakeholders interested in the application process. In addition, the Coordinator of Student Recruiting will organize events for interviewing, recruitment, and other related activities for student affairs.
This is a rare opportunity to join an enthusiastically engaged, multi-disciplinary group of academic scholars, health care professionals, and specialists in medical education at the intersection of engineering, biological, and clinical sciences. It is planned that the individual in this administrative role will have full-time, benefits eligible, University employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The start date will be as soon as possible after the close of the search.
Responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Serve as the initial point of contact in a friendly and applicant-centered office for inquiries regarding application and admissions.
- Serve as a liaison to manage the application and recruiting database(s); work with external units, vendors, and internal IT specialists to manage data and output, test changes in systems, and troubleshoot when necessary.
- Ensure timely processing and completion of applications; serve as a liaison to technology support for application receipt and processing, as well as admissions processing.
- Oversee social networking efforts and web content design for student affairs.
- Oversee and participate in external recruiting; work with undergraduate pre-med advisors and other organizations to identify and communicate with potential applicants; serve as a representative and recruiter at professional school fairs and other recruiting venues.
- Implement plans for recruitment of students who are under-represented in medicine; cultivate pipeline relationships with undergraduate, high school, and other programs for recruitment of applicants to the College.
- Foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, particularly during the application, interview, and recruitment process of medical school candidates.
- Assist the Director of Admissions by coordinating effective use of the national American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) application system.
- Assist the Director of Admissions in preparing application and admissions reports for review by various stakeholders.
- Assist Director of Admissions in ongoing planning and continuous quality improvement processes in the admissions processing and monitor for compliance with related Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accreditation standards.
- Champion positive inter-professional relationships bridging the college's private/public organization and missions.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree.
Preferred Education: Additional advanced degree in a field related to higher education or student affairs.
Required experience, skills and abilities include:
- Minimum of 3 years of related professional experience.
- Experience must demonstrate organizational, planning, and time management skills combined with attention to detail, as well as skills and abilities to work cooperatively with all constituencies in a unique environment of engineering-based medical education in the context of the Carle and Illinois private/public relationship.
- Demonstrated environment of engineering-based medical education in the context of the Carle and Illinois private/public relationship.
- Demonstrated competency and successful independent completion of planning, organization, and execution of events.
- Must be willing to learn all aspects of the college's strategic approach to curriculum, research, diversity and inclusion, and collaborative approach.
- Must be willing to learn and respect University policies and Liaison Committee on Medical Education standards.
- Must be willing to learn data collection, management and output skills in association with E value or related software selected to manage admissions and student progress.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills that incorporate tact and diplomacy, as well as the ability to cultivate relationships to think creatively and solve problems.
- A strong work ethic, an approachable leadership style, and a consistent focus on the college's immediate and strategic goals are required.
- Strong knowledge and skills in internet-based communications and current social media, word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Must utilize self-motivation and must have the ability to take initiative and complete projects with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of student privacy regulations (FERPA) is required.
Procedure for candidacy:
For more information on the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, please visit https://medicine.illinois.edu/. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by no later than May 5, 2017. Interested candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu; submit an application, resume, and a letter of interest. Also required is a list of names and contact information of three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Carle IL COM Administration
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 04/07/2017
Close Date: 05/05/2017