Instructional & Research Chemical Instrument Technician
Working Title: Instructional & Research Chemical Instrument Technician
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Chemistry
Posting Date: 08-10-2016
The Department of Chemistry at the University of Virginia is seeking an Instructional & Research Chemical Instrument Technician to work day shift (Monday - Friday). The candidate will use his/her knowledge of instructional and research instrumentation including programming, applications, electrical, mechanical, and software to support activities such as teaching and research within the Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1.Possess in-depth knowledge of chemical instrumentation by showing experience and understanding of a wide range of instrumentation used in chemical research.
2.Ability to work with University faculty, IT professionals, students, research professionals and staff.
3. Possess in-depth knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical systems related to chemical research and instructional instrumentation.
4. Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, synthesize requirements and create solutions; provide project-appropriate analysis, design and programming.
5. Knowledge of research methodology.
6. Ability to operate, maintain and repair technical equipment.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, superior customer service when working with undergraduate and graduate students, research professionals, faculty and staff.
8. Incumbent must possess problem solving skills and the ability to multitask in a high-paced academic environment.
9. Incumbent must have the ability to work both independently and as a strong team player.
10. The selected candidate will be expected to be familiar with or become knowledgeable with the equipment for the UVA College of Arts & Sciences' science departments (Ex. Astronomy).
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=79872