Senior Director, Total Rewards
Working Title: Senior Director, Total Rewards
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 04-07-2017
The Senior Director, Total Rewards is a strategic role that designs and manages benefits, wellness and compensation programs for the University of Virginia. This Senior Director-level position is responsible for leading and overseeing total rewards for 22,000 employees in the Academic Division and Health System. The scope includes compensation, benefits & wellness, health plan oversight, development of strategy and guiding principles for total rewards, designing and implementing all total rewards programs, program design, administration, communication and compliance.
The incumbent will report to the Assistant Vice President, HR IMPACT & Decision Support and manage the total rewards team.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected to all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We began accepting applications on April 7, 2017 and will begin reviewing applications on April 18, 2017.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with senior level management and ability to gain support for ideas through use of data and consensus building
- Experience with developing and maintaining competitive compensation, benefits, and wellness design and strategy
- Ability to confidently make decisions in times of uncertainty
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting compliance, compensation, and business operations
- Knowledge, as appropriate, of principles, methods, and techniques pertinent to the HR function of which the total rewards team is a part, including project management, governance and risk management, HR analytics and technology, compensation, and finance
- Knowledge of HR systems, compensation planning and benefits/wellness-related technologies
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong and innovative problem solving and analytical skills to thoughtfully and tactfully navigate barriers to progress
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81583