In support of our mission and growing student population, Strayer University's Global - Salt Lake City location is seeking a enthusiastic, goal-oriented individuals to work in our fast-paced and results-driven online admissions office. You will work to motivate working adults to enroll in a degree program that will help them achieve their educational and career goals.
Admissions Officers are responsible for handling all aspects of the student recruitment efforts which will include partnering with other functions to provide prospective students with the information necessary to determine if Strayer would meet their educational needs such as program offerings, financial options, and satisfying academic prerequisites.
This position requires working on-site in our Salt Lake City location (no telecommuting). The team is growing and we will be conducting an interview day on-site October 11th. If you are interested and available, apply today!
- Make a sufficient number of outbound calls and effectively respond to all prospective student inquiries.
- Set phone interview appointments.
- Interview prospective students to determine their educational background and future goals and objectives.
- Educate prospective students on the benefits of attending Strayer University, including our high-quality academic programs, convenient locations, flexible online and on-campus course offerings, and recommend appropriate course(s) of study.
- Assist prospective students with the application process and review qualifications for admission.
- Enroll new students and ensure appropriate basis of admission is obtained, all prerequisites are satisfied, and previous college transcripts are ordered if applicable.
- Ensure prospective students' admissions files are complete and assist students with initial registration process.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including Student Financial Services, Student Academic Services, and the University Registrar's Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in customer service, sales, admissions, recruiting, or related experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a focus on achieving optimum results, while maintaining high ethical standards and attention to compliance with University policies and regulations.
- Must possess the energy and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- No travel required
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.