1515 Building Operations Manager
Working Title: 1515 Building Operations Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Newcomb Hall
Posting Date: 03-30-2017
The 1515 Building Operations Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the University's new student center located on the historic Corner in Charlottesville, Virginia. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the supervision, recruitment, and staff development of 30+ student employees as they fulfill their roles as Event Assistants and Managers. Additionally, the 1515 Building Operations Manager will work closely with self-governed student organizations, University Programs Council, Student Activities, and Student Affairs colleagues as they provide diverse programming in the space. It is necessary that the 1515 Building Operations Manager be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the program and operations.
The 1515 Building Operations Manager is expected to provide world-class customer service and develop a service model and assessment process to ensure Newcomb Centers & Services is meeting the needs of the client. It will be the responsibility of this position to support proper setups, audio-visual (AV) needs, safety, and operations in the space. The position will coordinate and communicate with Aramark, Facilities Management, and Housekeeping to provide exceptional service to this new location. This position will also work closely with the Associate Director of Events & Operations in the strategic planning and evaluation of the new student center.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public facility management/operations
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Ability to operate audio visual equipment and platforms.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- CPR/AED, First Aid or obtain within 90 days of employment.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80725