Enrollment Services Specialist, #S03371
Enrollment Services Specialist
$25.60 - $34.63 per hour (for Grade I level experience)
Trainee salary will be determined commensurate with education, training and experience.
Online applications must be received by Friday, April 28, 2017
Montgomery College, Germantown Campus, has need for a part-time, Enrollment Services Specialist, # S03371, will also consider a Trainee, in the Admission and Enrollment Management Department. The work schedule is flexible Monday - Friday during core business hours. Schedule will be determined based on the needs of the students.
Job Summary: This position will provide information and assistance to individuals regarding enrollment-related functions for the military community. The Enrollment Services Specialist will guide prospective and current students through various processes associated with admissions, student records, registration, residency, tuition waiver, tuition assistance, financial aid and federal and state sponsored programs and scholarships, and other related processes. This person will be responsible for administering and coordinating military-related education benefit programs.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as College liaison to Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in DC and the Buffalo Regional Office, the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) in Baltimore, to local Department of Veteran Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation specialists, to Department of Defense (DOD) branches and education office personnel and the Service members Opportunity Colleges (SOC) personnel.
- Complete attendance certifications monthly for Veteran Affairs benefits; keeping the Department of Veteran Affairs informed of the enrollment status of veterans and other eligible persons using either Veteran Affairs forms or electronic enrollment (VAONCE).
- Report all enrollment changes within 30 days.
- Review enrollment reports, manually checking on each student's enrollment status, advising the student and notifying the relevant funding source as required by regulation.
- Monitor and inform the Department of Veteran Affairs and Department of Defense of student's' enrollment status and academic progress throughout each semester and certify status changes.
- Produce education plans for active duty service members using Federal Tuition Assistance (Tuition Assistance), for military spouses using the My Career Advancement Account (Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program) funding and to meet Service members Opportunity Colleges program requirements.
- Submit Veteran Affairs applications and supporting documents to the Department of Veterans Affairs (Department of Veteran Affairs).
- Maintain files on eligible students in compliance with Department of Veteran Affairs, Department of Defense, Service members Opportunity Colleges and Maryland Higher Education Commission regulations.
- Coordinate with various military entities to research and resolve student questions and problems.
- Provide critical front-line service and administrative support to the veteran's affairs function of Enrollment Services and Veterans Affairs.
- Prepare and distribute information to students about various military benefit programs.
- Serve as official Veteran Affairs, Tuition Assistance and Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program representative and Service members Opportunity Colleges liaison for Montgomery College.
- Implement Department of Veteran Affairs and Department of Defense regulations pertaining to educational assistance and ensure compliance with Service member Opportunity program requirements.
- Train student services colleagues on legislative and funding challenges impacting the recruitment, enrollment, retention and success of military community students.
- Advise eligible veterans, active duty personnel and dependent students regarding enrolling in Montgomery College and the process and requirements of the Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits, Department of Defense Tuition Assistance and Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program funding.
- Maintain related records and files and ensure payments are processed to students or to the College.
- Perform miscellaneous functions necessary for the processing of benefits.
- Ensure that benefit programs are administered effectively, efficiently and in accordance with the University's policies as well as legal regulations.
- Associate's degree.
- Two (2) years of experience working in admissions, registration or an enrollment office at a college or university to include certifying education benefits and tax returns, processing tuition assistance and tuition waiver, making appeal determinations and analyzing academic transcripts.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state applicable laws and regulations of government sponsored education benefits and scholarships; of in-state tuition for undocumented individuals; of immigration statues and visa codes; of academic, residential and tuition policy regulations; of tuition waiver for disabled students; of tuition assistance; of veteran and military personnel recruitment; and of automated processing.
- Some knowledge of producing Service members Opportunity Colleges (Service members Opportunity Colleges).
- Proficiency in using a personal computer and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in oral and written communication, interpersonal relationships, organization, multi-tasking, entering data correctly, making simple calculations, proof-reading; in Web technologies and creativity for developing user-friendly print and Web-based publications.
- Ability to work with a diverse population; to be attentive to detail; and to problem solve.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship .
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with a student information system.
- Ability to work individually and as a team player.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by Friday, April 28, 2017 . To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Customer & Student Services
Primary Location US-MD-Germantown
Organization Admission & Enrollment Management
Job Posting Apr 6, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Apr 14, 2017, 10:59:00 PM