Academic Coordinator for Mathematics and Science
The Department of Math and Science within the School of Arts and Sciences is currently seeking qualified candidates for the full-time, non-exempt, staff position of Academic Coordinator.
The primarily responsibility will be to provide professional administrative support for Department Chair, faculty, adjuncts and active Math & Science students in an academic office environment.
- Cover letter and resume required.
- Please review the University's Mission, Vision, and Values; then submit a values statement (not to exceed 500 words) regarding how their values fit with Saint Leo.
The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Process and track student reports and forms such as transient form, program update requests, etc.
- Process add/drop/withdrawals, change of major/minor/advisors, and registration for students.
- Assist students and faculty in resolving concerns.
- Order, track and maintain Department operating budget, capital, flagship and contract expenditures.
- Assist Lab Manager with lab orders and initiate new vendor paperwork.
- Initiate faculty and adjunct contracts and adjunct new hire paperwork, electronic I-9 completion.
- Order office supplies, forms, paper and equipment.
- Support events and submit requests facilities maintenance.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Dean of Arts and Sciences
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Two year's administrative office experience or related/clerical experience (appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at equivalent rate for required experience)
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage time effectively, and handle multiple projects is required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills are central to success in this role
- Train for in-house Management Information System.
- General proficiency in common personal productivity and network applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Charts, Internet, Email, R25, and Informer
- Detail oriented so as to complete work assignments accurately and on time.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or independently at times.
- Ability to think creatively
- Associates degree
- Previous experience in a higher education administratrive office setting
Job ID 2017-1313
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo