Application Support Specialist
Posting Date April 7, 2017
Position Title Application Support Specialist
Vacancy # V-1284
Department Information Technology
Division Information Technology
Reporting to the Associate Director of IT Support Services, the Application Support Specialist will provide technical client support to assure prompt identification, prioritization, assignment/escalation, and resolution of reported technology requests and incidents. Responsibilities include but are not limited to working with Administrative and Academic areas to troubleshoot and resolve problems related to PeopleSoft Business functions; serving as the main point of contact for phone, email, chat and walk-in traffic to the department; and using the Department's ticketing system to log and report on support requests. Acting as a liaison between the Technical Support Services (TSS), Enterprise Software Services (ESS) and Treasury and Finance departments, this person would be responsible for identifying risks and assisting with the creation of documentation and/or processes that will alleviate those risks. In addition, the Help Desk Functional Specialist would be responsible for updating the knowledgebase that could be used internally and externally.
- Monitor customer's service ticketing system to support help desk activities related to account administration, customer problem resolution and troubleshooting of the customer's hosted application suite.
- Monitor and put systems in place to ensure Service Level Agreements are being met.
- Provide daily interaction with the customer's user community via email or verbal communication to provide resolution of service related issues.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of personality, skillsets and improve the quality of IT processes, services and products to our customers.Successfully perform job duties in accordance with defined procedures with limited supervision Good working knowledge of PeopleSoft architecture, components and tiers
- Demonstrated ability to provide remote, in-person and phone support
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting business and technical related issues down to the root-cause
- Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft application configuration and Peopletools architecture (e.g. workflow, security admin, reporting tools, etc)
- Ability to analyze application specifications, application functionality white papers, or other similar documents to gain understanding of features and potential use cases
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Communicates with technology vendors for resolution of escalated issues.
- Improves system performance by investigating current environment; recommending solutions; integrating standard solutions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Recommend actions, acquisitions, and procedural changes to maintain or enhance department efficiency in areas of responsibility to meet strategic goals
- Provide metrics that we are meeting our SLA's and OLA's
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or a suitable combination of education, training and experience resulting in the requisite skills.
- 3+ years' experience in direct technical support; prior higher education experience preferred.
- Must be strong in technical writing and analytical thinking
- Requires initiative, strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot Windows 7 operating systems, Microsoft office, and pc/laptop hardware troubleshooting.
- Must have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot end user Citrix and networking issues
- Strong working knowledge of web browsers, web 2.0 technologies, and mobile applications.
- Knowledge and experience with devices such as smart phones, tablets, copiers and printers in a networked environment.
- 3+ years full-time work experience in an information technology department that utilizes the ITIL framework.
- ITIL Foundations certification, a plus
- Accounting background, a plus
- General knowledge of oracle databases, a plus
- Candidate should have had exposure to one of the following PS modules: Expenses, AP, eSettlement, Cash Management, Grants, Project Costing, GL, Purchasing with eProcurement, eSupplier, Contracts and Commitments, Strategic Sourcing, AR, BI, AM
- Ability to work weekends or overnight on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrate commitment to high quality customer service.
Anticipated Start Date As soon as job is filled
Apply By Until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION