Construction Company Controller and Office Manager
Thousand Oaks based Construction Company specializing in high end residential custom homes and commercial has immediate opening for Controller / Office Manager. This position will be responsible to consolidate all transactional accounting functions: Accounts Receivable, Revenue, Client billing, Company Financials Reports, Variance Reports and monthly closings. Construction Administrative. experience a must.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage accounts receivable, and oversee accounts payable, revenue reporting.
- Responsible for managing accurate and timely consolidated accounting support.
- Prepare, analyze and present month end closing, financials and bi monthly construction project variance reports.
- Continually assess accounting operations offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new procedures.
- Identify reporting and financial issues to management along with corrective actions.
- Provide excellent customer service to the organization, maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Work with Corporate CPA regarding year end taxes and audits.
- Develop and standardize month end closing procedures and make recommendations on process improvements.
- Ensure financial controls and policies are being followed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance. MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior accounting role preferably with construction oriented business
- Experience with Construction accounting, variance reports and processing change orders for client billing.
- Excellent analytical skills, especially utilizing PC based systems.
- Strictly adhere to the companies policies.
- Problem solving ability to proactively identify issues and take action by analyzing all information to promote positive outcome.
- Self motivated / able to work in a semi-structured environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide support to various levels of management.
- Able to manage and delegate responsibility to an office administrative team of approx 5 to 7 people.
- Pay is commiserate with experience
- Full resume and references a must.
We are General Contractors specializing in high end residential construction, new home, re-models/additions. We have a commercial division as well..
Thousand Oaks, CA
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:08:29 PDT