Requisition # 2017-7349
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 4/18/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The James Madison Program (JMP) at Princeton University is seeking an Events Coordinator to administer the events and related administrative tasks of the program. This individual will work under the primary direction of the Program Administrator, and will be responsible for a range of events, from high-profile public lectures and conferences, to private events with students or other invited guests, to weekly meetings or seminars.
The James Madison Program is part of Princeton University's Politics Department. More information on our events and initiatives can be found here: JMP at Princeton
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
Events Coordination (80% of the role):
- Reserve event space, book videographer and photographer, arrange for catering and event-related hospitality, submit parking requests, rent equipment, and handle facility-specific requests (access and temperature regulation).
- Handle on-site event setup and break down; coordinate with Media Services, Broadcast Center, Public Safety and other internal departments to manage technology and safety needs.
- Track and log invitation responses, arrange for speaker and participant travel and lodging, prepare guest speaker itineraries, distribute conference packages, and provide on-site event and conference assistance to guests and provide basic orientation.
- Update public website event listings and private SharePoint calendar, and work with Visiting Fellows and Postdoctoral Research Associates to schedule seminars and gatherings. Ensure that events are posted to the University's Public and Featured event calendars as well as other campus and departmental calendars. Provide Program Associate with calendar updates for internal calendars, update Executive Director's Outlook calendar, and coordinate calendar updates and scheduling with Director's assistant.
- Send newsprint ad placements and assist Program Associate with posting and distribution of event posters and brochures on campus.
Program Assistance (20% of the role):
Provide support the Executive Director and Program Manager with various administrative needs of the Program which may include:
- Assist with the administration of the Program's summer seminars;
- Assist with preparation for the arrival of incoming Visiting Fellows and Postdoctoral Research Associates;
- Provide support for special projects and assist with various light office duties.
- Two years experience in events administration or similar field
- Excellent speaking, writing, and editing skills
- Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with a broad internal and external constituency, and maintain a professional demeanor in representing the Program and the University
- Excellent management and organizational skills - task oriented and deadline conscious
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to find multiple solutions to logistical challenges
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend events, and willingness to defer vacation time to days when there are no scheduled events
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Drupal software
- Experience with Adobe InDesign software
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.