University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Position #3225 - Requisition #09127
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Application Developer position.
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
OIT's Research and Shared Services Division (RSS) is seeking a full-time mid-level ASP.NET C# Application Developer with strong database skills to participate in the design and development of a variety of web applications and database systems.
RSS is an innovative, customer-centric, service-oriented division that provides professional and shared IT services, including cutting-edge systems configuration and administration, database administration, as well as application and web design and development. Our primary focus is supporting the research enterprise, however our services are available to the campus at large.
The position will interact directly and indirectly in the development and testing of custom web applications as well as content-based websites. Projects may include, but are not limited to, new development, re-design or re-development of existing systems and support for existing systems.
Examples of Work Performed:
This position will work on a variety of projects as assigned for RSS. Depending on workload and project needs, the position may be performing any or all of the following functions for one or more projects simultaneously.
- Developing and supporting ASP.NET C# web applications.
- Developing and supporting content-based websites.
- Developing and supporting SQL database structures.
- Developing and supporting web-based applications and sites.
- Follow established development standards and processes which help to consistently deliver high quality applications.
- Produce and maintain documentation for applications and processes.
- Conducting or participating in data mapping activities and ETL process as needed.
- Continue development of skills and expertise on current and emerging technologies.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 75,000 to $85,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of related work experience in the areas listed above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree. The other minimum requirements listed below can overlap with this experience.
- 2+ years professional experience in ASP.NET C# web application and Microsoft SQL Server development.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Experience with MVC, Entity Framework, Web Services and Web Design.
- Experience with content-based sites such as SiteFinity, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience using CSS 3 in standards-compliant cross browser environment.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with .NET C# and MVC 5.
- Experience with SQL Server and knowledge of relational database design principles.
- Understanding and experience in Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns.
- Understanding of software development best practices and agile development processes
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills working with non-technical users and stakeholders.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and latitude.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing time and prioritizing tasks.
- Experience with creating and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with common source control systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Apr 7, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources.ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00003225