Quality Field Inspector
The National Security Campus (NSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation's defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers' expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today.
Honeywell's FM&T is currently hiring Quality Field Inspectors (QFI) in Hartford, CT; Kansas City, MO; Minneapolis, MN: Los Angeles, CA and Milwaukee WI. The QFI acts as a liaison between the purchased products organizations and the suppliers to assure quality and reliability of purchased materials. This is a remote field position with up to approximately 75% local travel, 25% out of state travel for candidates residing outside Kansas City and approximately 75% - 90% out of state travel for candidates in the Kansas City MO. area.
Note: Travel consist of trips to local and out of state suppliers; generally no overnight trips for local suppliers; mileage is reimbursed for local travel and any out of state trips earns Government Per Diem pay.
Summary of Duties:
- Performs open setup HiPot, Insulation Resistance and Contact Resistance Testing for connectors and cables.
- Operates complex computerized automated testers for inspection of Transmitters, Transponders, etc.
- Performs surveys and assessments of suppliers.
- Checks supplier's work and progress to ensure conformance to specifications using various inspection equipment (CMM, comparator, vision systems, hand tools, gages, electrical & leak testers).
- Plans, performs, and reports results of evaluations of operating practices in production, inspection, and supporting departments.
- Function as a team lead as needed.
- Evaluates accuracy and verifies implementation of reported corrective actions.
- Maintains appropriate records, initiates various inputs for management summaries, and assures that survey history documentation is complete and maintained to meet applicable requirements.
- Performs special evaluations, supplier qualification surveys, lab surveys, certified processes, process audits, and appraisals as required.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- A Technical or Business Associate's degree required; Four (4) years of work experience in an engineering, manufacturing, or production environment as a Quality Supplier, Auditor, Inspector, Quality Engineer, or similar Quality role will be accepted in lieu of an Associate's degree.
- Three or more years as a Vendor Contact Field Representative (Field Inspector) or comparable position.
- Thorough knowledge of and the ability to interpret the facility's engineering and quality specifications and drawing requirements to suppliers.
- Strong understanding and use of various computer equipment and software.
- Current certification from Honeywell or other recognized professional organization (American Welding Society; American Society for Quality; ISO-1000; or equivalent certification).
Note: To be considered for a senior role, candidates must have certification from Honeywell or other recognized professional organization. Candidates without required certification may apply and may be considered for a non-senior job level commensurate with experience and as business requirements warrant.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell International is a $34B diversified technology and manufacturing global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Its largest business division, Honeywell Aerospace, is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
Honeywell Aerospace innovates and integrates thousands of products, software, and services to advance and more easily deliver safe, efficient, productive, and comfortable transportation experiences worldwide. Our offerings are found on virtually every commercial, defense, and space aircraft, and our turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:51:14 PDT