Engineering- Deans Office - 130100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The College of Engineering (CENG) is comprised of six departments, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical and Energy Engineering Materials Science and Engineering and Engineering Technology. It currently enrolls over 2,900 undergraduates and over 600 graduate students.
The Engineering-Dean's Off at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Accountant III to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Set-up spreadsheets to identify combined accounts by downloading prior accounting system reports, download current accounting system reports, review source documentation to identify owner of the expense/revenue, account for the transactions and determine the fund balance, contact account funds' holder for agreement to the balance, and prepare budgetary forms to segregate funds
* Monthly, reconcile various types of departmental funds
* Download account system budgetary spreadsheets
* Setup and maintain reports
* Coordinate with departmental staff to search source documentation; p-card transactions, requisitions, payroll forms
* Prepare any budget related forms for correcting or moving the funds or expenses
* Able to disseminate UNT, State and Federal Policies and regulations
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills, including experience directly supervising others.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Considerable knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping
* Considerable knowledge of cost and audit accounting
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form
* Demonstrated ability in coordinating and supervising the work of others
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous accounting experience
* Prior experience in PeopleSoft
* Knowledge of UNT financial, Payroll, and Purchasing systems
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting