Adjunct Assistant Professor, Accounting
Johnson County Community College is seeking qualified applicants for part-time teaching assignments in the Accounting Department. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, weekend and online courses. At this time, applicants who can teach courses during the day on campus are in the highest demand.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the chair and dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area chair or dean.
- Master's degree in Accounting or
- MBA with a current accounting certification (CPA, CMA, CIA, IRS Enrolled Agent) or
- MBA with 18 graduate credit hours in Accounting
- Understands the importance to adapt to the changing landscape of higher education.
- Comfortable adopting and integrating new technologies into course work.
- Comfortable collaborating with faculty and students from other disciplines, as well as with industry and community partners.
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and apply content in the accounting field.
- At least five years' work experience as an accountant.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- One to three years teaching experience
- Community College teaching experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a current accounting certification (CPA, CMA, CIA, Enrolled Agent).
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to teach on campus during the day.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay.
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Please include resume, cover letter & unofficial transcripts