Director Research & Program Operations
The College of Public Health at the University of Kentucky is looking for a Director of Research and Program Operations to add to its team. The Director of Research Operations will lead efforts from the College of Public Health (CPH) to identify and obtain new, supplemental, and renewal funding for extramurally sponsored research projects from major federal, foundation, and industry sponsors; oversee the CPH Grant Unit (supervising project manager and budget manager) with direct responsibilities for planning, managing, and monitoring all unit activities and CPH grant accounts; and provide ongoing mentorship, training, and oversight of junior faculty toward the goal of enhancing CPH capacity pertaining to grant and scholarly productivity.
The Director will also work with investigator teams to oversee and implement federally funded study protocols according to the terms of the agreement with the sponsor, evaluate extramural research funding application success rates, and work with UK Public Relations to promote study findings via appropriate channels of communication.
Director Research & Program Operations
Director of Research Operations
7P150:DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH BEHAVIORS
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential job functions of this position require you to: communicate and build working relationships with staff, faculty and candidates from diverse backgrounds; abide by University guidelines; maintain confidentiality; prioritize and manage work effectively; provide exceptional customer service and positively represent the university; ensure work is detailed, accurate and completed in a timely manner; perform work in a sedentary position; interact with individuals from various levels throughout the university and work successfully in a team as well as independently; possess analytical ability; sit for long periods of time in front of a computer; and perform repetitive motion.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, additional hours may be required based on departmental needs.
Successful applicants will have knowledge of federal and state grant policies, organization as well as written and oral communication skills, coordination, attention to detail, and the ability to build partnerships across communities.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience managing grant accounts.
- more than 0, up through 2 years
- more than 2 years, up through 4 years
- more than 4 years, up through 6 years
- more than 6 years
- * Please chose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience writing funding applications (i.e. research proposals, contracts, etc).
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years, up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * Please describe your supervisory experience. Include the number of employees whom you have supervised and the level of supervision you provided (i.e. hiring, discipline, training, delegation, performance management, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter