Executive Director of Alumni Engagement
The University of Denver is seeking an experienced, driven, and passionate leader to join our Advancement team as the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned professional to join a dynamic, growing and purposeful enterprise united around a compelling mission charted by Chancellor Rebecca Chopp and Vice Chancellor Armin Afsahi. The Executive Director will work with a community of talented professionals united to advance this mission, inspiring philanthropy and engagement among all facets of the University of Denver community.
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Global Networks, the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement will help pioneer a new paradigm for alumni relations by cultivating strong relationships with alumni in industry as well as building highly effective global networks of alumni focused on supporting and driving the strategic priorities of the University. Success will be realized in awakening a community of advocates for the University of Denver. This position will require a strong understanding of alumni relations functions, trends and best practices, as well as an innovative and curious mindset with an eagerness to engage people in entirely new ways.
- This position is responsible for engaging, connecting, and activating the University of Denvers local, national, and global alumni community. Though nearly half of DUs alumni live in Colorado, our community is truly global. The Executive Director is responsible for creating an alumni-centric worldwide network of alumni and facilitating opportunities for their lifelong engagement with the University, parents, and friends. This will include nurturing a sustainable network of volunteers and leaders to effectively scale engagement efforts and facilitating two-way communication that represents the interests and voice of the alumni body and also allows the University to effectively communicate needs and news and celebrating key accomplishments.
- The Executive Director will also partner closely with the Associate Vice Chancellor in leveraging our alumni relationships to strengthen the University of Denver's network of employers. These relationships will have a significant impact in the professional pathways of our students and alumni by helping to open doors and provide them with professional opportunities, insights, and perspectives.
- Provide comprehensive leadership of a highly outbound team that proactively brings DU into a place of greater relevance for employers, alumni, and parents serving as advocates and volunteers. This includes supporting the day-to-day functionality of the alumni engagement team, as well as facilitating their recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring, evaluation, and professional development. The Executive Director is also responsible for effectively managing the alumni engagement operating budget, including monitoring transactions, promoting policy compliance, and assisting in budget modeling and forecasting processes.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 7-10+ years of experience in constituent engagement, preferably in a higher education setting.
- 5+ years of experience managing personnel, with a demonstrated commitment to coaching, mentoring, and developing team members.
- Demonstrated, measurable success in increasing the engagement of a large constituent community.
- Graduate degree.
- Experience leading alumni and/or employer relations in a complex and dynamic higher education setting is highly preferred.
- Experience leading alumni relations activities during a comprehensive campaign.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.