Sr. Project Manager
We are hiring a Sr. Project Manager for a Contract position in Torrance, CA
FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, feel free to contact EITHER of us direct and reference the job#:
SUMIT KUMAR: (714) 576 - 7031
MICHELL CASEY: (949) 860 - 4715
Position: Sr. Project Manager
Job Ref#: 28790
Duration: 12-24+ Months (On-going Contract)
Location: Torrance, CA 90501 (on-site only)
Rate: Open/Market Rate, depends on exp level (W2 ONLY)
** We will NOT accept 3rd party, Corp to Corp (C2C) or Independent (1099) contractors for this role **
Project Manager will support a variety of projects, including supporting their vendor and recovery mgmt system. Ideally this PM will have a technical background or is familiarity with the terminology and architecture of mainframes systems, any Cobol programming in your past is a plus. This PM will be supporting their lending/leasing systems with deals with billing, delinquencies, the whole realm of loan services. These systems work with various technologies, including Mainframe/Cobol, MQ, Web and Web Services.
• Establishes/implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
• Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews; and escalating functional
• Track key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources
• Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
• Manages one or more cross-functional projects of high complexity.
• Manage one or more medium to large-sized moderately to highly complex projects.
Daily Tasks Performed:
• Create and maintain the overall project plan including schedules, issues, risks, assumptions, resources, and deliverables.
• Manage the team to deliver project deliverables on time per an approved schedule and budget.
• Communicate project status, present to all levels of management effectively.
• Facilitate requirements gathering and provide vendor management/vendor Selection.
• Manage change requests, risks, issues and project costs.
• Manage escalations to resolve conflicts and enforce decisions .
• Drive solutions that meet internal and external customer needs research and resolve production issues.
• Drive detailed business requirements.
• Manage the team to deliver project deliverables on time and within budget.
• Communicate project status to all levels of management.
• Manage change requests, issues, and risks.
• All work will be performed on-site, no remote work is offered.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
• 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager, managing all phases of a project life cycle, including project plans, scope, budgets, resource management and risk.
•• Posses a technical/financial, loans or lending background, having managed large projects, teams and provided vendor management
•• Experience working with either Loan or Lending/Leasing systems
•• Experience working for a large bank or financial business knowledge in their background
•• Familiarity with the terminology and architecture of mainframes systems, any Cobol programming in your past is a plus.
•• Experience using MS Project or Workbench to manage project budgets, plans and deliverables
• Strong understanding and proven experience with project management and system development methodologies and best practices.
• Experience using Powerpoint for internet-based presentations for multi-location support.
• Must be able to easily and clearly communicate/present with all levels of stakeholders and team members.
• Experience with project planning and project management (MS Project and other PM Tools).
• Must be available to interview in-person
• Must have a stable work history, working in a similar role
• Must have excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
• Experience in Captive Automotive Finance industry.
• Technical background a plus (Web, Mainframe development, testing tools).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Working knowledge of test management methodology.
• Interpersonal and collaboration skills and focus on customer needs and quality.
• Open enrollment of Medical/Dental/Vision benefits (Aetna)
• 401K Retirement program
• Paid Bi-Weekly/Direct Deposit
• Flex Spending Plan
• Voluntary Life, AD&D, STD or LTD plans
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 02:19:43 PDT