Process Engineer (Vacuum coatings)
Ionbond is looking for energetic Process Engineers to serve as primary technical resources for the company in developing, planning and training in all steps involved in the production of surface engineered solutions
- Assist Plant Operations, Corporate Process Engineering, and Business Managers in application development and scale-up of major programs.
- Participates in cross-functional team projects with the Sales Department and with customers.
- Root Cause analysis.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot vacuum coating processes.
- Provide consultations and technical expertise on thin film technology to coating center staff and on-going quality issues.
- Mechanical design of fixtures.
- Maintain and work according to ISO quality systems.
- Provide good record keeping and communications skills.
- Ensure Customer excellence and delivery of Quality products and samples.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Material Science or Plasma Physics.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in vapor deposition and/or Metallurgical.
- Energetic and forward-thinking individual to promote innovative and best-in-class solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical design w/a proficiency in Solidworks or similar software program.
- ISO 9000-2000 experience is a plus.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Familiarity with Quality System concepts.
- Ability to travel throughout North America (minimal travel 10%).
- Eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Ionbond will reward your talents with a total compensation commensurate with experience. You will also receive a generous benefits package including medical/dental benefits, flexible spending accounts, consumerism card, life insurance, short term & long term disability, PTO, and 401(K) retirement plan with a company match.
IHI Ionbond Inc. is an international leader in wear resistant and low friction PVD, PACVD and CVD coatings used to enhance the lifetime of tools, modify the surface properties of mechanical components, and for decorative purposes. We provide state of the art coating services from 39 coating centers in 17 counties in Europe, North America and Asia. PVD and CVD related coating equipment is developed and manufactured in Switzerland.
For more information about Ionbond, please visit www.ionbond.com.
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:31:17 PDT