Director of Student Health Center
Director of Student Health Center
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Director of the Student Health Center provides clinical and administrative leadership of medical service. Additionally, the Director is responsible for evaluating staff for performance, and polices within the Health Center; coordinates and ensures that the service provides high quality care in compliance with Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), best practices, state and federal statutes.
In addition to regular nursing duties and on-call hours as scheduled, the Director:
• Directs Student Health Center's administrative operations, and establish, review, and update policies and procedures, including all safety, compliance, and risk management policies and applications.
• Serves as the University liaison in implementing and monitoring the health care partnership with the Geisinger Medical Center.
• Assess student health and wellness needs and explore and implement innovative practices to deliver high quality and efficient programs and services that address those needs.
• Organizes and leads strategic planning efforts for Student Health Center, including ongoing strategic assessment, gap analysis, and benchmarking to support implementation of Student Health Center priorities and ensure alignment with the divisional strategic plan, including the ability to remain flexible as long-term and short-term priorities evolve.
• Proposes and manages the Center's budget.
• Orders medications and other supplies.
• Supervises and evaluates the R.N. staff and the student staff (receptionists, drivers), including scheduling and orientation to responsibilities.
• Presents information about the Health Center operations to parents and prospective students and coordinates the acquisition and review of health records for new students.
• Collects and maintains Center statistics, does year-end totals and annual report, and sets goals for the following year.
• Coordinates outreach wellness and prevention programs.
• Maintains AAAHC accreditation status, update practices as required, ensures continuous quality management and improvement in all Student Health Center programs and services.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate liaisons with other University departments, federal, state, and community health agencies, and other health-related resources.
• Coordinate departmental preparation for the response to critical incidents and public health threats on campus, including management of and effective communication about public health issues.
• Contributes to the overall success of the Health Center and the University by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Master of Science in Nursing, Master of Arts in Health, or Related field
• Pennsylvania RN license or License-Eligible, preferred
• Three years' experience as a nurse in a primary care setting; experience in a university/college health setting a plus.
• Experience supervising, scheduling, and evaluating staff required.
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records and other relevant technology tools in health care settings with ability to promote patient education and clinical outreach materials.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and management.
Equipment and Software Used
Personal Computer Epic Software Variety of Medical Equipment
MS Office Calculator LaserJet Printer Copier
Contact with Others
Frequent contact with students, parents, faculty, staff, insurers, outside medical groups and private practitioners. Works closely with the University's contracted physician group.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when assisting a student, run to an emergency and carry a 25 lbs. emergency bag, walk, stand, bend, and kneel.
• Leadership experience in an Accredited College Health program.
• Oversight experience of primary care, mental health and community public health services.
• Experience leading organizational planning and management strategy, providing a broad perspective, and ability to think strategically with experience balancing policy and practice.
• Experience managing budget, financial and administrative operations in a health environment.
• Strong analytical skills to analyze complex information or problems in an objective manner.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Exceptional organizational skills to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines and to establish goals and workload priorities.
• Leadership skills to inspire confidence and to motivate, mentor and guide staff.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1134