Systems Administrator #123243
Systems Administrator #123243
San Ramon, CA
• 8-10 years of experience
Nature of services :
• Supports the Forensics services work unit which performs forensic investigations, specifically related to electronic evidence. This position specifically supports the technical infrastructure required to process forensic casework. This infrastructure encompasses servers, workstations, several forensic applications and databases, as well as a complex network security and storage scheme. This is an infrastructure migration project, so it will be primarily design, test and execute.
TOP REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Migration of systems, troubleshooting, testing, documentation, compliance, change management.
• Previous Company experience working with the Data Center Asset team is highly desirable.
• Servers (Windows [2008R2 and 2012R2], SQL, and IIS); Networking, and VMware. Windows 7 or higher
• Powershell Scripting
General Scope of Work: (will include, but not limited to)
• Hardware Support
• Application Support
• SQL/dB Support
• Network Support
• New builds, Patches, Breakfix, MoC, Decommissioning
• Monitoring, Compliance, System Administration
• System Process Documentation, SLA, Contracts
• Manage infrastructure compliance, including documentation.
• Assist with IT audits.
• Forensics has an extensive technical infrastructure (Hardware, software, network). Support the infrastructure and maintain the compliance per company standards. Maintain compliance activities and documentation. Remediate production issues and provide a proactive path forward for root causes.
• Designs and constructs servers for IT Forensics team Tools and databases. Assists in the build out of regional IT Forensics laboratories.
• Develops and implements an extensive testing and development environment for the IT Forensics applications.
• Ensures new technologies are integrated into future plans and/or fixes.
• Ensures servers and applications meet rigid hardware and ESAS criteria prior to implementing in a production environment.
• Develops monitoring schemes and ensures compliance.
• Works closely with ITF Investigators to ensure that customer requirements are considered.
• Fully documents processes and communicates changes to peers or project teams following Management of Change methodologies.
• SQL and Powershell scripting skills are highly desirable
Support & Monitoring:
• Provides ongoing daily support and monitoring for servers and specialized forensics workstations.
• Provides ongoing performance testing and develops mitigation plans.
• Ensures that communications are distributed in advance of system outages. Understands database technologies, including building databases, using db software tools and understanding db content.
• Participates in IT Forensics requests and helps in the area of data mining and database knowledge.
• Preferred knowledge of IT Forensics tool suites and the use of these tools.
• Incorporates knowledge of ESAS standards into all aspects of IT Forensics applications, infrastructure and assets.
• Builds and maintains specialized workstations image contain forensics tools
• Does pre-assessments in anticipation of IP audits, communicates findings and develops mitigation plans.
• Documents all technical processes, data schemes, architecture, and application linkages in accordance with established standards.
• Establishes a single, reliable release of software, installed globally.
• Addresses issues with current hardware.
• Creates a monthly change release process, which will update all locations with the latest release.
• Tests all versions of tools prior to loading tools on production
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions company with 25 years experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is the 6th largest Diversity Staffing Firm in the US and a global provider of Business and IT Services, including Staff Augmentation, Managed Staffing Programs, and Solutions, with 21 consecutive years of growth. We have industry expertise in Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Energy/Utility and Retail Distribution. S3 has a domestic and international presence in 31 locations across the US and Europe (including the UK, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic). Our highly trained and experienced staff is committed to not only helping you find a job but making sure that the job is the right fit for you!
San Ramon, CA
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 15:56:43 PDT