Manager, Business & Operations
The Enrollment Division at the University of Denver (DU) works to attract and enroll an optimal mix of qualified students who will enrich the composition of our learning community. The division, which consists of Undergraduate Admission, International Student Admission and Financial Aid, seeks to cultivate and enroll vibrant and intellectually motivated students who will graduate from DU. Recognizing education as a means of individual and societal transformation, our vision is to inspire, guide, and support future and current students as leaders and scholars who will positively impact their communities.
The Manager, Business and Operations in Enrollment is primarily responsible for the planning, management and oversight of the divisions budget of approximately $9 million. The person in this position provides guidance on and ensures compliance with policy matters related to budget and HR within the Enrollment Division such as hiring, purchasing practices, allowable expenses. The Manager serves as Enrollment Division liaison to Human Resources, Risk Management and the Office of Budget, Planning and Analysis. This person also serves as data analyst and researcher for the Vice Chancellor on projects related to budget, student recruitment data, employee performance and purchasing contracts. This Manager, Business and Operations position reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment (VC) and has a dotted reporting line to the Office of Planning, Budget and Analysis and to the Controllers Office.
- Plan, manage and forecast the operating expense and revenue budgets for the Enrollment Division.
- Make accounting entries when necessary.
- Generate monthly reports to ensure proper use and allocation of funds and communicate results of monthly analysis with VC and division senior staff.
- Assemble annual budget proposals within the division and compile budget proposal to Budget & Planning for future year budget.
- Frequently serve as an internal resource on financial matters within the Division.
- Interpret and/or modify policies and procedures to facilitate and ensure the application of sound business practices within the Enrollment Division.
- Plan and manage capital projects related to division facilities as needed.
- Assess and assist in resolving unprecedented problems that require research and review of policy and procedures.
- Assist with resolving problems or compliance issues.
Data Analysis, Decision Support and Strategic Planning
- Participate in the long-and short-term strategic goals and planning for the division.
- May participate in planning for future growth.
- Analyze moderately complex business operations and financial statements; and provide analysis to enable leaders to make recommendations for approval.
- Ensure that data and reports are accurate and complete as well as provide some interpretation, visualization, analysis and recommendations based on the data as appropriate.
- Compile analysis into reports and presentations, usually to be presented by the Vice Chancellor.
- Participate in division senior staff and help plan strategies and tactics to meet the divisions goals.
- Manage vendor contracts combined value of more than $3 million including preparation of documents for contract review process.
- Draft RFP as necessary and track materials relevant to vendor relationships - contracts, invoices, insurance, etc.
- Work with division staff to ensure on-time processing and payment of invoices and compliance with contract terms.
Human Resources Support
- Provide support in personnel decisions in the division and serve as a liaison to and from Human Resources on behalf of Admission and Financial Aid.
- Communicate changes in policy to the Enrollment division staff of approximately 50 appointed FTE; attend quarterly meetings and training.
- Ensure compliance with University policy and procedures related to hiring, position changes and employee performance.
Administrative Support to Vice Chancellor
- Support Vice Chancellor for Enrollment in planning and staffing internal events and meetings.
- Record meeting notes as needed.
- Serve as back up to Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor in planning events, scheduling meetings.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in business or administration including financial management, or an equivalent combination or training and experience.
- Advanced degree in business, accounting, higher education or related field.
- 4-6 years of experience with budgets or data analysis; one or more years of experience in higher education; one or more years of experience with budgeting in an academic environment; familiarity with Ellucian Banner software.
Candidates must apply online through du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.