Social Media Intern
This position will allow the intern to gain firsthand experience in social media strategy development and implementation, marketing, higher education, and the corporate world. You will work on projects, potentially groundbreaking social media events, and have the chance to make important contacts in these fields. While actively working on social media accounts for various Miami areas, the Social Media Intern will participate in team meetings and calls in order to learn how Miami University’s HDRBS areas operate as a whole. We are looking for a candidate to stay with us for a full year from their hire date. Miami University HDRBS areas include: Miami University Bookstore, Dining Services, Recreational Sports Center, Goggin Ice Arena, The Marcum Hotel and Conference Center, and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a marketing, communications, or relevant bachelors or graduate program.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail a must.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be proficient with all Google Drive functions.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign a plus.
- Experience with writing for online consumption (blogging, etc.) a plus.
- Must be an avid and sophisticated consumer and user of social media, and have familiarity and experience with ?Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and other platforms including WordPress.
- Polished and professional, confident in communication with executive leaders.
- A self-starter, one with a positive and enthusiastic approach to all tasks.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.