Basic position responsibilities:
The Hardware Engineer is a member of the Operations Support Team and will balance the execution of systems engineering projects with routine engineering and Tier IV escalations. The candidate will provide full lifecycle support for systems engineering tasks as well as hands-on implementations of high profile projects, performance of core IT functions including data communications and network-based applications and services. Perform advanced technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and cost, risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Design, plan, and execute significant IT projects to deliver new and upgraded capabilities to support Joint Staff requirements. Ensure logical and systematic conversion of customer and product requirements into total systems solutions. Must be able to mentor junior level engineers and lead teams in technical task completion. Prepare presentations and reports as well as participate in meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and understand the importance of maintaining Information Security at all times.
The candidate will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the technical planning, system integration, verification/validation and supportability for total systems prior to being deployed to the network. He/she will be supporting equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services
- Participate in rotation providing after hours on-call support
- Respond to security incidents and system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service
- Troubleshoot and analyze problems with SCCM and GPO configuration.
- Understanding of Java and virtual applications.
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues.
- Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Understanding of .net and C# language.
- Experience using development environments such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Understanding of databases, i.e. SQL and SQL management studio.
- Understanding of application virtualization and testing with Power Shell scripts.
Required Certifications: 8570 IAT Level 2 Complaint - Security+ CE with Microsoft Server 2008 R2 or Server 2012
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9+ years of relevant experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
Work Location: The Pentagon
Clearance: DOD Active Final Secret
Dress Code: Business Professional
Work Hours First Shift (8am-5pm)
Dunson & Associates is a people resources company, specializing in Healthcare solutions. Our highly qualified people separate us from our competition. Our people are readily available to solve problems and address the needs of our customers on a consulting or staffing basis--anytime, anywhere.
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 14:10:47 PDT